Does anyone use Fountain Pens?

Since I have found this forum, I thought I might contribute a few thoughts on my newest inks.

While I too, have also enjoyed the Noodlers inks I have a few questions and observations.

Noodlers inks are both dark and vivid. But some sites have questioned this feature of Noodler’s inks. I would like to hear any first-hand experience with this.

Many sites claim that Noodler’s ink uses solids and binding proteins to achieve the amazing colors that Noodler’s definitely has. But solids not only clog the pen and nib - they also tend to degrade the inner-workings of the pen over time according to some.

I have noticed that those that have opined that Noodler’s were the best; seem to also use relatively low-priced “commodity” pens. What is the opinion of Noodlers with a high-quality pen where long term preservation is a value proposition - like a Montblanc? Is Noodlers “good” for pens? How about Gold nibs?

On the topic of inks; I have been using the Pilot Iroshizuku inks for a few weeks now. Suffice it to say that I have quickly lost much of my enamouration with many other inks in favor of the eye-catching, subtle tones that this line offers.

These inks are meant to mimic the colors found in nature. In that respect, they are absolutely sublime. Where some inks stand-out through the sheer, bold, color-imagery, these are remarkable for colors that simply are not found in other inks. The quality is also amazing. They flow like water and lay on the paper like dividing-lines on a highway; even on paper where others tend to bleed and penetrate. Absolutely superb. I highly recommend any ink-fans give these a try.

Cheers.

1 Like