Opinions on the Blizzard

My one Blizzard is one of the old single-bearing domed-cap jobs. When it lands wrong, the tip/bearing falls out and tries to run away and hide from you, but other than that, it’s a fine top. Spins as smooth and as long as any top I own. I’ve got Sidewinders of various ages/designs, with plastic tips, and with steel ones. I wholeheartedly recommend all of them.

Now, about Duncan. Some of my favorite yoyos are Duncans. I love them. I love everything they’ve done to promote skill toys. My irritation with them stems from this; based on it’s shape and it’s size, the Ripcord would be my favorite top by a long shot (even though you have to tape them) if Duncan would just offer a metal tip for it. Yeah, the old plastic was superior to what they’re making them from now. Yes, it’s irritating that they are selling them with strings that are too short to use.I understand the tip is what it is, so it doesn’t dent mom’s (or wife’s) hardwood floors. What I’m trying to say is, Duncan makes me so mad, only because I do care about their product. I could over look all the rest if I could just get a reasonably priced metal tip for it. I’ve monkeyed with putting Trompo Grande tips on them, but never ended up with a smooth spinning top. As much as I (almost) love my RCs and Diet RCs, Spintastics tops are just easier to tinker with to get what I want from them.