What trick are you working on?

I’m working on Kwijibo AKA Ouch the yo-yo landed on the top of my hand when I crossed my arms

Same happens to me. Just play with lengths of string before you do rolls. You’ll get it.

I’ve been working on my own chopsticks trick.

I’m slow with learning tricks.

Lately I’ve been working on my chopsticks boingy boing aka “protrusion” combo, smoothing out the part where you alternate the chopsticks hand from thumb on top to thumb on bottom, letting the yoyo pass through both configurations.

It’s funny because the regular boingy boing is one of those tricks I didn’t like for a long time because I didn’t think it looked very cool. But the chopsticks boing was another story - infinitely cooler :wink:

Argh! Boingy Boing! Can you feel me? :imp:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

Don’t give up!

I just started going through the 2a trick ladder.

What’s most frustrating about it is that the first time I tried, after having skipped this one in frustration months ago, I did it effortlessly! But I haven’t been able to hit it since. Argh!

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

Kwijibo and slack trapeze. Hit and miss.

Wristy business. I can do it most of the time. I just want to smooth it out.

I recently started trying to make my own slack combo so I’m slowly trying to make my way through that! :slight_smile:

Ive hit it a few times now and man is it exciting!

The trick I’m stuck on right now is Boingy-Boing, and I’m having some trouble. :frowning:

That one give nearly everyone trouble. But it sure looks easy, don’t it?! haha

My advise is slow down, relax, and adjust your plane on how the yoyo might be tilting or changing axis. Just keep at it. Just relax while finding the rythem. Its alot slower than you might first think. :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

Is it as crazy hard as it looks?

It took me a solid evening to get it. Ive hit it and bound out about 5 times. Getting to the first toss set up is failry easy, the first slack toss I hit 80% of the time, but Im still learning the finesse of the second toss. Its not crazy, but its not the easiest either. :slight_smile: Perfect for where Im at on the path. Heck it took me a week to get Rancid Milk down and I still flub it up from time to time. :slight_smile: So i would say its easier that Rancid Milk? (maybe? Difficulty is so subjective.

Try it tho! Its worth the effort, looks and feels GREAT

1 Like

I havn’t hit it yet, but it’s really interesting. Thanks for posting it!

Not tooooo hard, but lots of knots!

Just keep a safty pin in your mouth while plracting that trick. Youll need it in a second. lol! Ive gotten alot better now and can hit it 4 outta 10 times give or take. The second toss I found the secret is to not try to follow the first toss’ path. While the first toss passes around the string left to right, the second toss is more diagonally upwards like direct from 7 oclock to 1 oclock path. Also right before the second toss, there is a pinching roll and deft transition from the string going over your throw hands’ index to make a swap to you middle finger THEN toss.

I bet that doesnt make sense, but i tried. LOL

1 Like

Hook…

Got really frustrated when I tried to learn this early on.

Went back to it 9ish months later and managed to get pretty decent at it.

I got it! I got it!
I was flipping the wrong flipping string in the first toss.
Now that that is worked out, it’s a lot easier.