A list of all skill toys.

Pen Spinning

Gloving (led lights in the tips of the fingers and you “glove” to the music, actually pretty interesting)

Balisong (butterfly knives)

Just look up those on youtube and you can see some pretty awesome stuff.

card throwing
coin knuckle rolling (or whatever it’s called)

Myachi

Fyflyz

I have them, I think they have potential but are just undeveloped.

Sepak Takraw and Jianzi 8)
Check it out on youtube

I had a jianzi but my in-laws took it and destroyed it. When I go to Vietnam, I’m gonna pick up a few. I’m gonna check to see if I still have ONE left in my sports bag. Might be picking up a few other “exotic”(read: stuff you don’t see a lot of in the States) stuff. Hoping to get some spin tops and some Vietnamese made yoyos too.

haha, my siblings and youth group did the same :stuck_out_tongue: but I make my own jianzi so its no big… Vietnamese tops are intense saw a few vids wished it was played here in the US, I hope to go to SE Asia in a few years for some skill toy shopping and takraw 8)

The takraw wasn’t really what I’d categorize as a skill toy, but there’s no doubt it takes tremendous skill. The video I saw on YouTube was I think some championship match, that was pretty awesome what I saw.

I can’t see jianzi taking off here Stateside yet. It would need to get some coverage on something mainstream to kinda jump start it. After that, it would kinda trickle for a bit before people saw the potential. I can totally see it gathering momentum.

I agree jianzi would need quite the advertising, I know there was an attempt few years ago by Kikbo.
When it comes to Takraw my friend say’s its like high school soccer or football in SE Asia. But it can be seen as a skill toy under it’s alternate style of play, Chinlone. Chinlone is alot like freestyle footbag; many see it as an art, a sport, or just leisure. But in contrast when it’s defined as takraw it’s a sport. On a different note I showed a few of my college buddies both Jianzi and Chinlone and they loved it ;D

Gloving is AWESOME and what about ummm… snowskating? that is a toy in my book…

Bop It

Turkish yoyos

Look what I found on YoyoNation.

1 Like

That list seems to have baliyo but it lacks balisong(butterfly knife)

It has butterfly knife.

Chatter rings

I know about another that isn’t in the list, Hand Sacks or Hand Hacky Sacks.

Oh no! A whole list of new things for me to spend money on o.o

What about gloving?

Poker Chip/Deadeye/Coin Flourishes are all the same thing and none are on here.

1 Like