Taking yoyos and accessories on an airplane

To preface, I have skimmed similar threads.

I will be taking my first airplane flight ever in a couple weeks. I am going to be gone for a few months and need to bring some yoyos and accessories. Since I have never went on an airplane, I don’t know what I’m going to have issues with. Here is what I would like to bring:

3-4 yoyos
A handful of extra bearings (cleaned and lubricated)
20 heartstrings
Yyf response pads
A bearing removal tool: yyf multi tool (this is what I question the most)

What do you guys think? Do you foresee any issues? Should I get a different bearing remover? Thank you so much for any help!

1 Like

You’ll be fine with all that in carry on. I just did the same thing on a two week, three city trip. No problems at all.

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’ve flown thousands of miles with yoyos in my pack, never had an issue. It can actually be a life saver if you have a long layover between flights…just find an empty gate and throw to pass the time. Just make sure you bring bearings, string, bearing tool (if your yoyo needs one) and a string picker. When I first started throwing, I took one yoyo with no extra bearings on a trip. Of course the bearing immediately locked up on me.

1 Like

Yeh the TSA doesn’t care about yoyo’s. Yer guhd.

1 Like

Just don’t bring any string cutters and you will be fine!

I’ve never had problems with yoyos before. However, I have seen TSA wiggle the conveyor a few times to check out my spintops, and again in the past with a megaminx puzzle. The latter was particularly funny because on x-ray it looks like a starburst of screws converging on a central point - the TSA guys poked my bag with a stick, pulled it out, and had the most “jeez don’t scare me like that” looks on their faces.

3 Likes