New strings need testing!

Hi all,

I’m looking for a handful of people to try out some strings and provide some feedback.

https://imgur.com/gallery/CxAJbRm
(hopefully the pic worked, if not here’s a link: https://imgur.com/gallery/CxAJbRm )

They’re 100% poly, long, soft and very pink  :wink:

I’m stocked up on thread so there is more than enough to go around,
let me know if you’re interested in trying them out or have any questions!

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love to test a couple! I can give first impressions + some final detailed feedback after they give out or after a week or so of play, whichever comes first.

I’d be more than happy to test some strings for you, if you like. I made my own a few years ago, so it’ll be great to see some homemade strings.

I’m in Australia, so pm me. I can test them and give feedback.

Just got the strings in the mail today. Put a white one on a MYY avocado and a pink one on a pink CLYW compass.

First impressions and some notes:

These are sorta-stiff polyester strings that are about the same thickness as some ziplines, and a teensy bit thicker than buddah xl, and definitely thicker than anonymous strings. While stiff, they’re also soft like most poly strings tend to be. Because of that, I don’t really see any issues with string burn that I’d expect with a rougher string.

I’m not super good at throwing yet (~4 months in), but I can pretty easily land the normal slack/whip/hook tricks I try - hidemasa hook, brent stole, brother slack, suicide, etc. There are definitely some strings that give me problems with these tricks, and some that make them easier, based on how fast/slow the string moves through the air. These are middle of the road in terms of speed through the air.

I’m going to play with these until the strings give out to allow my feelings about them to settle in.

I appreciate the soft pink color, by the way, since I have a lot of pink yoyos!

1 Like

Your strings are really good, Kieran. They have a solid, dependable performance.

Still yet to try the nylon you sent me. I though I was using one, but it turns out I got it mixed up with the polys.

1 Like

Still using one of the pink strings on a CLYW Compass. It’s a really good match between the compass’ response and the string’s properties. I think it’s gotten a combined 5-6 hours of play w/ the string over the past week or so and it’s still holding up pretty well.