Recommendation for a first yo-yo for my math student

I tutor in math, and was thinking of purchasing a yo-yo as a reward if we get through a skills checklist
I created.
So:

Speed dial, Butterfly XT, YYF One or something else? It’s his first real yo-yo, so responsive is best.

I was leaning towards these unless someone has another thought on it.

Thanks

Yoyo Jam Legacy. On sale for $15 comes with both a responsive bearing and an unresponsive bearing.

Recess first base

1 Like

The new YYF Plus

Thanks so far all. What about the Duncan Butterfly XT?

I think he’ll just learn the very basics, he’s pretty young.

The suggestions are great. I’m looking to get something 10 -12 dollars for him.

He has a terrible light up yo-yo which he likes, and was interested when I showed him tricks on mine.

Anyway thanks.

1 Like

first base is a very solid for a beginner, finding something that won’t break quickly and is actually quality under 20 can be hard. the lowest I can think of is the replay pro, I believe some of those come stock w a responsive bearing, you just have to be mindful of which one you buy. but, if you think he would stick with it, which hopefully he will, I would go for the first base

2 Likes

I like the yoyofactory One and Whip. Both in your range and good players.

1 Like

My vote is for the Velocity or Hubstack!

a lot of people like the Recess First Base, I believe it comes with both half spec and full width C bearings. I like the YYF One for responsive play. I think the Whip is a touch too unstable for a beginner (I always say how much better the Whip became after I had just a little bit of skill).

the responsive replay is a good idea, I have an unresponsive and I enjoy it a lot.

1 Like

The First base is the best option I agree with everyone else.

1 Like