Why Throw?

As Skitrz said, something to do while waiting. I’m currently waiting on my car in the shop and going slowly insane because I didn’t bring a yoyo. It’s why I’m here on the forum, otherwise I’d be throwing.

Throwing is a great icebreaker, too. I look around and all I see are people with their faces in their crotches, huddled over a cell phone. I’ve been guilty of that, too. But I prefer, when possible, to spend some time unplugged and in the real world. It’s interesting to see peoples’ reactions to that. Some are uncomfortable when they see someone who isn’t plugged into the Matrix. Some seem grateful at the opportunity to have a real-life conversation. By a) not being on a cell phone and b) doing something interesting, I stand a chance of a) bringing others into reality and b) making that reality more pleasant.

Also kids love it. Kids are ALWAYS glad to exist in the moment, especially when all the adults around them are, again, huddled over electronics.

Not that I hate technology or anything, but it’s lonely, you know? You need to have people interacting with people also.

2 Likes