Robbed

The gym was able to identify two juveniles coming out of the locker room on their cameras. They were carrying what appeared to be a wallet. They have notified the police and the police are going to interview the store where the cards were used to see if they can verify from their cameras that the same people used the cards. Normally this would go to the bottom of the investigators pile but due to the fact that the gym can identify them and the amount involved they are pursuing. They charged 10 $500 gift cards in less than 5 minutes at the store. They actually tried for an 11th transaction but the card company denied it. I talked to the store manager and implied that either their employee was really naive or in on it. His comment was that the store policy is that anything over $100 needs a managers approval. Obviously someone didn’t follow the rule and needs to be dealt with one way or the other. It also cost me $300 to get a new key fob and have the code for the stolen fob cancelled. I don’t expect to get anything back but I would like to see them get caught and have their life turned upside down for a couple of weeks like mine ha been. The cards were cancelled but the charges still show on my accounts. I was told that this is normal until the situation is resolved on their end.