your worst yoyo accident?

At first I was like oh my gosh! No way! No scratches! Then I kept reading :joy:

I did the only thing I could do. I cowered behind my throw hand like a frightened bunny.

I’d like to think there’s a lesson in all this…

you spin quite the tale, buddy. very entertaining

1 Like

Hahahaha oh geeze what a story XD I feel for your beer man. That’s always a sad day :cry:

I took a my peak 2 to the lower mouth 3 days ago because it snagged. it put a welt that look like 4 mosquitoes bit me in a line across my lower mouth. Sucker still hurts. I was holding muh face for a good 5 minutes. :o

1 Like

Luckily I haven’t had anything too bad, but lets just say I’ve had to explain why my lip was bruised and bloody a few times.

I was throwing my Terrarian the other day and didnt realize i had a snag. Gave it a good hard throw and the snag launched it right between my eyes. Made me see stars and left a nice welt.

Not really an accident per se, but I was having a bad day so I decided to throw for awhile to see if I could de-stress. Stupidly, rather than doing easy, relaxing tricks, I started right in on a trick I was working on and still struggling with. Naturally, I couldn’t hit the trick to save my life and got even more frustrated. I took the yoyo off my finger and meant to throw it harmlessly into the couch cushion. Somehow, I missed an entire couch at point-blank range, and hit the end table next to the couch. Miraculously the table was undamaged, but the yoyo was completely trashed. It was a Navigator. One of the rings popped off and both the ring and the yoyo half bent so I couldn’t really put it back together in any meaningful way. So that yoyo’s retired now but I keep it visible near where I usually throw as a reminder.

One time I was fatally injured when a yoyo falling back to Earth from the International Space Station; hit me directly in the forehead!

3 Likes

1a had a knot at the bottom of my atlas without knowing threw real hard to get some spin and it come back and numbed my fingers

2a was practicing loops to see how fast I could get and the right one hit me in the head so hard I had a knot on my head for a week

3a no troubles yet

4a offstring to the head

5a dice to the face on a 360

You really have to be careful with those Orbitals!

2 Likes

I hit my funny bone 2 times and it caused half my arm to go numb. I almost whacked myself in the face trying to get a finger spin to return to my hand.

I️ hit my finger while doing horizontal with my hattori

Still have a small scar

My Basecamp Expedition gave me a nice scar on my forehead. It had quite the snag that I didn’t notice until I threw a breakaway and launched back into my face. Fortunately I avoided needing stitches.

Bleeding hand from practicing grinds on a dinged shutter, funny bone 4 times.

I hit the back of my throw hand one time so hard it knocked the breath out of me. I limped back to the couch with a severe pain in my hand that felt hot, throbbing, and prickley and sat there and tried to breathe again.
It was mostly useless for the next week, I couldnt open a jar of jelly to save my life. I couldnt make a fist, I couldnt wiggle my fingers without inducing really sharp pain. I don’t know what happened, Ive taken hundreds and hundreds of hits to the back of the hand, but there is this tiny area, maybe 10mm x 10mm square that, ever since, if something hits it, im done!
It only took a couple weeks to go away back to mostly normal, thankfully.

I swear its like it revealed a hidden weakness I have and now know about a vulnerability. It was really eye opening.

My glasses have a bunch of dings in them from yoyos

1 Like

Throwing while wearing a smart watch, thirty seconds into it and the watch screen is toast. Not one of my brightest moments.

Worst yoyo accident? Accidentally posting the same yoyo accident in two different “yoyo accident” threads!

I throw a yoyo that secretly had a not in it. swung around and hit me right in the ear. left my ear ringing all day.

I just love it how your yoyo string ‘secretly’ had a knot in it as if it was trying to hide it from you. I’m picturing a yoyo in my head with a sly look on it’s face.

Haha, it made me chuckle.

I have a pretty high pain threshold but I hit the bone in my lower arm so hard all I could do was sit and do a full body shake. No other accident hurt me that bad.