One Drop Project: 10th Anniversary

Uh huh… That’s what we’ve already been saying here.

For what its worth, I touch a ton of yoyos. While Chinese manufacturing is better than it has been, its not One Drop level. This isn’t prejudice or bias, its just not. Especially when it comes down to the care and unwavering quality and QC that goes in to machining the bearing seat. Every One Drop I own is super smooth and the bearing can be take out of the seat by hand.

That’s because of quality and tolerance testing. Most smooth chinese yoyos make the bearings sit incredibly tight on the seat. Sure, this reduces vibe when the yoyo is brand new, but pull the bearing and you can scratch the ano and now you have vibe. One Drops dont’ do that.

One Drop is the only manufacturer I buy everything from. Hell, if I was to list you my top 20 favorite yoyos, probably 15 of them would be One Drops. Sure, personal opinion, but I don’t see that changing any time soon.

I look at it like a guitar. Are there good guitars that come from overseas? Sure, absolutely.

Is a USA made version going to just have an overall better feel, playability, tone, wood sourcing and QC?
Yes, almost every time.

For Chineese manufacturing to hit the quality level as consistently as One Drop does, it wouldn’t’ be affordable enough to be worth doing.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support and love in this thread. We appreciate that you understand what we are about and we continue to exist because of you.

12 Likes

The point is that OD does what they do, in their own unique way, and they they do it exceptionally well. There is no need or desire for them to pursue Chinese machining for the sake of competitive pricing, or profit margin.

right, and I agree with you (and it would not be a crime anyway, General-yo did, no? have you changed your mind about this brand?), so I say we return into the topic and stop talking about commonplace terms that discriminate and generalize.

Look guys all well and good, however when does my 7075 project WITH hexnut show up? I’m talking to you Da5id and that other guy. Xoxo

1 Like

Yeah David, where are our GZR Projects? :wink:

Don’t you dare call them that.
I would suggest something civil like project.

I removed some recent posts that continued an off topic conversation.

Please try to keep this thread on topic.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

tries to be a coherent and just moderator, eliminates all the off topic answers (there are a lot of them up) or keeping them all … just removing those “uncomfortable” is a sign of censorship and little freedom.

Nope. I actually removed everything off topic after this post:

where you actually call to “return into the topic”.

2 Likes

My idea would be another CODE yoyo. designed by the community.

1 Like

^^ The Machinist gave this comment a ‘thank you’. I hope that’s intended to be suggestive because that would be exciting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

CODE1 10th anniversary? Also there was something about a CODE3 on the OD forums back in the day. Never really looked into it before they pulled the plug, though.

Well, it’s nearly the end of November… and nothing’s happened yet. Sadly I’m going to be away for a bit, so if anything does happen after now there’s a good chance I’ll miss it.

at this point I think we can bury the idea of the 10th anniversary of the project … pity, it could be a good opportunity, but it has been wasted. :-\

No it wasn’t. Check my post…I drank plenty of beer in celebration.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean

He celebrated the anniversary. Possibly alone…

good for him! :wink:

It’s a monumental shame OneDrop didn’t really acknowledge it. They haven’t really done much at all this year either…

1 Like