What do you edc

So i have been into edc (everyday carry) for a little while now and have built up a pretty good set up. I think its really interesting seeing what others carry to get them through the day so feel free to post your edc below.

First is a rewind case with an advance scout, a top deck and some extra string
Next is a handkerchief and a timex expedition scout
A thorfire PF04 flashlight and Zebra F701 pen
Below is a leatherman wave multitool with sheath and bitkit
And last is a spyderco paramilitary 2 sprint run with s35vn steel
Not in the picture but i just use a leather wallet and my phone is a moto g4 plus.

1 Like

Yyf shu-ta
Hexnut begleri
Phone
Leather wallet

Today I’ve got the same watch and light which I’m looking to upgrade soon.
For my throw i have a spyy amplifier on a paracord lanyard i made.
And for my knife a benchmade griptillian.

1 Like

Usually:

Watch (one of three that I own)
Boker Congress Whittler Pocket Knife
Torqbar fidget spinner
Couple different pens - usually a Fisher Space Pen and a Retro51 Tornado
Handkerchief
Yoyo - usually an Alleycat & YWET these days.

1 Like

Today im going with my clyw chief, leather wallet, and my zero tolerance 0566 that i just put a hair splitting edge on.

1 Like

My EDC is a YYO Vector or a FIRROX.

3 Likes

My man purse. Multi-tool, tiny flashlight, sketchbook, reading material, tiny first aid kit, pocket knife, paracord, a container of tiny tools, fidget spinner, sudoku book, writing utensils, notebook, small scissors, hand sanitizer, mirror, lighters (I don’t smoke), safety pins, and a tiny container for yoyo stuff: multi tool, strings, pads. I usually have 2 yoyos in my pocket and 1 in the bag.

5 Likes

Magicyoyo N12, a Replay Pro, or a 7075 Metal Skyva, my phone, wallet, and if i am not in school a Xenoburn assisted opening pocket knife.

2 Likes

In pocket: chapstick, eye drops, iPhone.

In messenger bag: writing pad w/ leather folio cover and rollerball pen, iPad and charging cable.

I don’t carry around any yoyos because I have no better (or even suitable) place to practice/play outside of my apartment. But even if I did, I’m not sure I have a yoyo that I like enough to use edc, but which I would also be okay with getting dinged and scratched.

4 Likes

Galaxy s9+, Prada leather wallet(it was free), a makeshift carry case that has my throws and maintenance accessories, and these hands, lol.

3 Likes

Speaking of makeshift cases… I have a few really good bigger eyeglasses cases from dollar stores that are sturdy and hold 2 regular size yoyos like a Replay or Shutter and string. Since these cases are not marketed to yoyoers they do not have a $30 price tag. It’s always worth browsing dollar stores, cosmetic and sporting goods aisles for cases. You can just handwrite Yoyo Factory on the case and you’ll be set for the next tournament!

1 Like

See that just ain’t right. You gotta have a few bang around yo-yos. The goal is to play!

6 Likes

:musical_note:The first ding is the deepest :notes:

7 Likes

I put a nice scar on both of my Replays last Monday at work by playing on the back porch over some kind of hard rock tile and when I saw the marks I immediately wanted to buy new ones but almost a week later and I don’t even notice the battle scars. I try to keep everything in mint condition…,

2 Likes

I would resist this impulse! Have some bang-around yo-yos you use all the time so you don’t have to sweat the possible dings! The play’s the thing!

3 Likes

It takes a while to absorb the fact that I will ding and bang my yoyos but outside of actually smashing off a big chunk of a side or something to mess up the balance…I have scars, my yoyos will too. A lack of at least one ding probably means a person doesn’t play or practice enough. @codinghorror Edit add on: I bought my DV888 and 2 MYY Locus with color splashes SPECIFICALLY so dings do not really show!

2 Likes

Ok… here is my list:

Styr Aug .556… 3 extra banana clips
.40 Glock model 23
1 Asp telescoping baton
1 flack jacket
1 Tanto blade short close combat weapon
3 Phosphorus grenades
1 Claymore mine
My wallet
2 pocket knives
1 box cutter
10 water purification tablets
3 mre meals
1 snake bite kit
Elbow guards, wrist guards, knee guards, a Kevlar helmet
50 feet of half inch braided nylon cord and a grappling hook
Tactical jumpsuit
Night vision goggles
A digital compass
Apple 4 watch
Car keys, house keys, shop keys, keys to the armored personnel vehicle
A flare gun
1 can of tomato paste
1 Ti Walker and some String Lab Plutonium string
And a bag of gummi bears

But… that’s Only if I am going to Walmart.

If I am going anywhere else; I just take an ID and a 2Sick/Unspoken Decoy yoyo with a Slakie string and a Bryan Figueroa holder.

16 Likes

I like slimline metal responsives for EDC, personally. Current fave definitely the 2018 TimCor Starfire.

This may be shocking to… none of you…

3 Likes

Do you live in a bad neighborhood?

3 Likes

@codinghorror

10 Likes