Axel stuck. Pls help

So I got my yoyo from a trade and the axel is like glued in there. And it’s not on the side where I can use my yyf tool. And I’ve tried pliers. Pls help lol

Does the axle really have to come out? If so, what is it glued with? If it’s locktite or similar, you can get a solvent to loosen it up. If it’s super glue, try vice grips or a bench vice. You’ll need to clean it out and replace the axle afterwards.

Get a paper towel or some other cloth and wrap it around the axle. Now try using the pliers again. I find having a cloth around the axle gives me more grip and allows me to really crank down. It also protects the threads.

If you don’t have to take it out, don’t!

Try this >> Yo-Yo Modification and Maintenance >> Useful modification & maintenance guides - Axles,Clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos >> Double Nut method to Remove an Axle

or >> How to remove a yoyo axle using a drill.

Thanks!

I wanted to tune it that’s why

Please explain how removing the axle help to tune it?

A lot of people will take their axle out and turn it around to try and fine tune their yoyo. I personally have never had any luck with this reducing vibe but some people say it works so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Doesn’t make any sense to me. The threads are the same in either direction.

I think the logic behind it is some kind of micro-shift in weight distribution will help reduce vibe a tiny bit. Like I said, I’ve never seen a difference but who knows.

I know some folks were under the impression that reversing the axle worked to tune YYJs and FHZs, but the reason those were tunable was that the gaps were adjustable, and thus the halves could be lined up differently. The one exception to this was some of the older yoyos with big axle threads prior to the universal use of a bearing post - stuff like the Fluchs, the Bape, etc. Those were tunable with teflon tape around the axle, but even that wasn’t because you were reversing the axle, though sometimes that seemed to be the reason; it was because there was enough play between the axle threads and the threading on the halves that the halves could be reoriented a bit.

I tune my yoyos all the time. It takes patience, but it definitely works.