Why do YOYOFFICER you seem so prone to vibe?

As far as I can remember iv never had yoyos contract additional vibe by apparent screwing alone.
That said, I have owned more than a dozen yyos and they do seem have an above average rate of coming stock with noticeable vibe to begin with.

If I had a yoyo that utilized a bearing and I couldn’t take it apart due to fear of it being ruined in ANY sort of way as a result of taking it apart…I’d toss it right in the trash :wink:

1 Like

I mean, I’ve never been afraid to take mine apart. My Urban is a little workhorse and definitely doesn’t have vibe. I’m a little surprised that so many people seem to have a problem, tbh

Do you own any inexpensive Chinese aluminum yoyos?

I don’t own any YYO yoyos, so I don’t know first hand that they have this issue. However, I notice many in their line are inexpensive Chinese machined aluminum yoyos.

One Drop addressed this issue once on here:

I’m sorry to hear that. I have had an entirely different experience with yoyofficer. My urban, shift, and rave are as smooth as they come even after many many unscrews.

After experiencing the instant vibe after one unscrew with other companies I planned to purchase more yoyofficer… But I think I might buy a one drop instead. :grin:

I have a question for you guys.

When you say, ‘I took my yoyo apart’… do you mean you just unscrewed the halves?

Or did you also take out the bearing?

And if you took out the bearing and you didnt take out the bearing with the ‘proper tool’; that could be your problem.

I dont know what you did or what you ‘do’. But lets just say your favorite bearing removal tool is a pair of pliers. <then that would explain plenty right there.

If you distort the yoyo halves in any way while ‘removing’ the bearing; then nothing is going to get better.

And your yoyo wont play like it did before.

1 Like

Are yoyos really not supposed to be unscrewed?

If they were not to be unscrewed they’d be welded shut. :wink:

Totally agree that distorting the bearing post by using the wrong tool could cause problems, but even with a proper tool you have to rock it off the post. Also, if what David is saying is true, then just taking the yoyo apart multiple times could wear down the bearing post on one side, possibly inducing vibe.

I JUST unscrewed the halves. Never removed or tampered with the bearings that came with my four YYO’s :slight_smile:

No, no they would not. Probably some kind of press fit or some very though loctite.

I have take my Vector apart or unscrewed it alot of times and never had any viberation issues.

It sounds like many of you would be horrified to watch me yoyo. :flushed: If I get a knot I place my palm on one half of the yoyo, spin it quick, pop one half in the air and catch it, tear the string out, then throw the whole thing back together and keep going. I take my edc apart probably 3 times a day minimum.

It’s not about being afraid of opening yoyos in general, its more of the fact that 99% of the knots i get are faster to undo with a toothpick or a bent paperclip.

I do the exact same thing except in the middle of it I spin around 3 times, do 4 push-ups, spring back to my feet and do the hokey pokey 8)

Oh, I left that part out because I thought that was just assumed :wink:

And I have an aunt who smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day for 75 years, and lived to be 90. Not really, but you get the idea. Somebody’s aunt did that!

Kinda like, “I never lubed this bearing, and it’s still like new 20 years later.”

I was just presenting it as a possible risk factor. I read about it, and to me it makes logical sense. That doesn’t mean it will necessarily happen, or even that it’s true. It just makes sense that it could happen to yoyos with tight bearing posts.

Again, I don’t own any YYOs, so I don’t even know if they have tight posts.

I have some inexpensive yoyos machined in China, but I’m a bit oblivious to whole vibe issue. I just don’t seem to notice it, or my yoyos are all smooth? I’ll have to see if I can test some of them…

Why? Why do you own four when the first was a disappointment? I don’t get it!

If I buy an item from company “x” and I’m not pleased, I try to get it replaced, warrantied, or I return it. If I acquire a second through warranty, or having it replaced, and the problem reoccurs, I’m not buying anymore from that company. ::slight_smile:

As far as not opening the next one you buy, that’s really unlike me. Why buy another? Try something else. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where’s the logic? :-\

I actually didn’t start opening them up before i got my fourth. I bought them all in a very short manner of time. Probably less than a month.

The thing about the logic is that it doesn’t really need to be any. This is one of my past time activities where i spend the money i have leftover for such activities. As long as i don’t overspend or do anything illegal/immoral noone really cares.
The reason why i want to buy another YYO? Easy, they’re simply unmatched in a performance/price ratio, excluding a few exceptions (which i already have anyways).

Thanks for posting the onedrop’s address to the issue. It helped a lot.

For me it’s about losing the bearing entirely, which I just did tonight in the grass at the park. One of my favorites, and not an easy thing to find in the park. I think I’ll use a paperclip, tweezers etc outside now, or be more careful.

The bearing was on the string when I shook it out the string, but I didn’t realize it. Gone baby gone.