Best mono metal competition yoyo?

So while I don’t believe this to be the best ‘competition’ yoyo, I do claim and can argue that the Japan Technology FiReal is quite possibly the greatest monometal yoyo.

Why?

Its is a very conceptually interesting yoyo that realises it’s potential so clearly.

A-RT helped in one of their videos to identify the current trend of very competition driven designs (wide, wide gap, V-ish, rim weighted) and also pointed out that older yoyos required greater player accuracy and commitment to land tricks and perfect technique.

The FiReal is somewhat a marriage of the two, although admittedly it leans closer to the current trend.

While it is wide, large gapped and V-ish, but it has a weight distribution and play characteristics that encourage and reward accuracy. This means it’s really good for competition, but also somewhat helpful for improving you as a player. You’ll also have a hard time finding anything more accommodating for slow or fast play speeds. It also has that incredibly smooth feel in play that older yoyos have.

It will handle anything, but won’t allow you to be half asleep behind wheel (so to speak).

It is just so freakin’ rad to use.

To top it off, it’s made of Japan Technology’s mysterious A300 alloy. I can’t find a scrap of info on it and JT are pretty tight lipped about it, but what I can say is that it’s HARD. I’ve managed to put dings in my 7068 yoyos much more easily that this. I have no dings on my A300 yoyos and they have often hit my wedding ring hard.

It’s pretty expensive, but it is really worth it. Version 1 or 2 are both great in their own ways.