Accelerator bearing responsive

I just cleaned my yoyo bearing using the paper cleaning method. I don’t own mineral spirits or anything of that sort.
Now the yoyo is responsive.
I’m really mad because this is pretty
much my only yoyo. Please help

Generally you need some type of solvent to clean a bearing.
Get some and try it again.

Just oderless mineral spirits? And where can I get it

You can find mineral spirits or acetone at hardware stores or places like walmart/target. I don’t know how old you are, but you may want to ask a parent for help before using solvents like that.

K thx. I just got acetone and I’m hoping it helps

Acetone works fine.

Look here for details: Useful modification & maintenance guides - Axles,Clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos

It worked for the most part but when I do a gt it still comes back to my hand. Any advice?

Is it still tug responsive or does it require a bind to return normally? If it’s unresponsive (requires a bind) then it’s you, not the yoyo or bearing.

If it’s still tug responsive, did you remove the shields to clean it, or apply lube to the bearing? If so, clean it again with the shields off and blow out the solvent real well.

My suggestion is to just stop messing around with it and play with the yoyo. Its a rookie mistake to mess around with your bearings too often, it will likely just sort itself out.

2 Likes