One Drop Yo-Yos Küntosh 5000QV

Redesigning them would mean that they are not 2016 Benchmarks anymore.

One Drop really loves their yoyos getting wet. ;D

Haha, I’ve noticed that too!

Ah, missed that little detail! Well, then 2017…?

The 5000QV is actually the exact size as the “Standard” Kuntosh.

Both Diameters are 56.9mm, both have a width of 45.6mm. The 5000QV is lighter though.

IMO, the 5000QV is much more floaty, but has an extra gear so to speak. You can tell that the 5000QV wants to play fast. It’s amazing how just a few changes can make such a large difference in play.

So the One Drop Kuntosh was changed to have a smaller diameter?

They’re the same diameter, 55.9, maybe just a typo in the original post.

According to One Drop’s site they are both 56.9mm in diameter.

Not sure what you mean by it being changed to have a smaller diameter?

We have 55.9 on our Kuntosh page, so that may be causing the confusion. I just measured both and got 55.9 each time so not sure why One Drop has 56.9. Could be our calipers, but they seem accurate with everything else.

Oh didn’t see that on your page.

Whatever the diameter is, they play amazing ;D

I smile when I read some comments … we talk about the most weight that a yoyo would have if it were made of ergal(7075) instead of anticorodal(6061).
But you know exactly how much weight more is it?
2.81 gr./cm3 against 2.7 gr./cm3 … exactly 4% more, then a yoyo in 6061 to 65 grams. in 7075 it would weigh 67.6 evenly distributed … so a negligible difference.

Yea, it was the specs listed here that confused me a tad bit. Soooo, could we place a preorder :smiley:

This is an excellent point :slight_smile: /add to list

1 Like

You are correct it’s 55.9mm. The 56.9 was a typo on our site that has now been correct.

Both the regular Kuntosh and the 5000QV share the same diameter.

Thanks!

I just wish you guys would make more 7075 yoyos haha. The only one I have is the GZR Code 1, but it plays amazing!

1 Like

Can’t control the weather out here! ;D

I smile when I read your comments sometimes too. While 67.6g is within the normal range of weights for yoyos, a 2.6 gram difference from the exact same yo-yo in 6061 is far from what I would call a “negligible” difference.

2 grams is a big difference.

Valor, Format:C, Top Deck

And new ones coming soon.

Indeed it is! And the 5000QV weighs less because of the redesign.