Let's Cut a YoYo

Hey YYE Forums!

It’s been a long time since I’ve been over here. To start 2017 I wanted to change that, I wanted to get these forums back on my daily check list. So here I am, not here to promote any G2 products, just here to share some yoyo fun. I have been having a lot of fun with a new youtube series I am working on. “Let’s Cut a yoyo” The format still needs a few adjustments, but since I am ten weeks in, i figured i would share the links here.

G2 Banshee

Basecamp Jackknife

YoYoFactory Shutter

Magic YoYo Skyva

YoYo Factory Replay Pro

SF yoyos SF

CLYW Bonfire

YoYoFactory Horizon

CLYW Chief

YoYoFactory Turntable

CLYW Peak 2

7 Likes

I demand that cross section photos be mandatory for every yo-yo on YYE’s store! Now, off to the “YYE Site Improvements” board!

Thanks for sharing ;D

1 Like

So like ‘does it blend?’ but by cutting yoyos? awesome!
Btw you should do 1st run Peak for next ;D

the section of the Jackknife is amazing!

P.S. why not use an angle grinder with cutting disc (1mm thick)?

P.S. 2
You can make requests??? I would like to see a section of Ti-Walker! ;D

P.S. 3
You are sure the other Manufacturers are agree to make known the sections of their yoyos?

These is that of a Sovereign … so you avoid to kill another yoyo :wink:

1 Like

I think that is partly a great idea.

I think it would be helpful to have a CAD picture of a cross section of each yoyo sold. It would help give a clearer picture of weight distribution before buying.

1 Like

For sure!

Also add Peak 2 so that we can see the difference of the two. It would be interesting as well with other yoyos that has significant change in runs/releases. (ex. Peak 1/2 or any CLYW’s, 888 '08/09/x/etc,/ Popstar, Benchmarks per year and so much more) ;D

But that would be a lot of $$$$$$

I would easily agree on the CAD picture idea.

I think the choppin up yoyos thing is pretty neat. But at the same time; I dont think it is any more effective than just a cross section image of each yoyo.

I am guessing(guessing) that it ‘is’ much easier to cut yoyos in half than to obtain CAD cross sections, hahaha.

On a side note… when I started modding yoyos back in 1998; I used to cut yoyos in half. I didnt think it was amazing or wasteful. I just figured it was the quickest way to have the most accurate ‘visual’ of the ‘yoyo down the middle’.

When I started press fitting Henry Viper hubs to Freehand halves; I actually cut a finished mod exactly in half; just to see how well my measurements came out. I swear; I must have stared at that cross section for an hour… it just looked so cool, haha.:nerd_face:

People would ask me, ‘How could you ruin such nice yoyos’?

I would tell them, ‘Easy; you just get the saw and start cutting’.

I have literally hundreds of yoyos. I do not display yoyos at my house. Most of them are either: In the Safe… in file cabinets… in drawers or in large plastic totes. My girl never really cared much for all the time I spent modding yoyos or collecting them, haha. So I decided years ago to ‘not display yoyos in the house’.

But that being said; I would certainly be willing to set up an illuminated display case to house nothing but cut up yoyo halves. I think it would be Awesome to see all the various yoyo designs right new to each other.

… Sadly; even though persson requested it; I dont think I would start by cutting up one of my Ti-Walkers, hahahaahahaha.

2 Likes

That last line hurt me just by reading it! lol

ti-Walker"S?" As in plural? Man, if you need to ditch one, keep me in mind eh? :slight_smile:

Painted even.

No don’t cut your peak!!!

Wow, with all of these lonely halves floating around, just think of all the Frankenyo combos that could be tried!

You need to meet Mr. Gear. I can see the video now:

“1000 DEGREE GLOWING KNIFE THROUGH YOYOFACTORY NIGHTMARE”

2 Likes

peak 2 and 888 arrived just 2 days ago for the series.

coming soon to lets cut a yoyo.

get that painted peak outta there… :o

Are all these yoyos you’re cutting perfectly good?

episode 11 the yeti and yeti 2

1 Like

Seeing the Top Deck makes me want to see a Kenshin!