Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
October 20, 2017, 01:19:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Want Some Good Kendama'ers Opinions (Very Weird Question)  (Read 611 times)
Foofy69
Trade Count: (4)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: Not sure yet
Fav. Trick: Ninja Vanish, Brent Stole, Funky Giraffe, And Gyro Flop

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 18

View Profile Email
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »

Hi guys! I have a weird question for you experienced kendama'ers. I've decided that for a talent show coming in a little less than a year, to be weird and different I'll think of and practice tricks involving landing my finger inside the small hole of an empty soap bottle. The hole is basically the size of a... grown persons thumb?

My question is that would you think if i practice making the bottle spin about 5 feet in the air then landing my finger in it enough, it's something i could do consistently? Or does that just involve too much luck? I thought a good kendama'er might have a good insight on this, as it's essentially the same trying to get a spike (my finger) into a small hole (the soap bottle), but I'm not quite sure if this is impossible to do consistently. I just want to get some opinions so I don't practice this if it's impossible to perfect, lol. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:25:23 PM by Foofy69 » Logged

While there are plenty people afraid of heights, I happen to be afraid of widths
beherenow
Trade Count: (33)

Fav. Yo-Yo: KLR
Fav. Trick: Brother slack to Ninja Vanish

Thank You
-Given: 73
-Receive: 79

Chain Reaction 5.12c Smith Rocks Oregon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:49:49 PM »

With that amount of time to practice you could get consistent imho.  Might want to weight the bottom of the bottle a bit to help with rotation? 

The terrible thing about free soloing difficult routes is the chance that faced with ultimate danger and need for ultimate self-control, oneís nerve might fail and cause an error. Thatís irony of it,that fear could short-circuit skill,that one would die as a direct result of being afraid to die. R.R
Foofy69
Trade Count: (4)

Fav. Yo-Yo: Not sure yet
Fav. Trick: Ninja Vanish, Brent Stole, Funky Giraffe, And Gyro Flop

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 18

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »

Alright, thank you. Should I actually try to study how I land it such as taking notice how much i flip it, exactly how high I throw it up, etc.? Or would just spinning it randomly up enough times be sufficient, while of course actually still putting in effort to land it?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:01:50 PM by Foofy69 » Logged

While there are plenty people afraid of heights, I happen to be afraid of widths
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: