Practicing method?

[quote=“Rosenberg,post:1,topic:82277”]
I touched on this in the “What are you working on thread?” talking about working on the 1a trick ladder. You do have to be careful not to actually ingrain the mistake. I think it’s important to make sure you consciously change one aspect of how you’re attempting the trick before getting too many reps in. If it’s a popular trick, I’ve found it helps to look at as many different tutorials as possible. Sometimes a certain perspective or accumulation of perspectives can get it to click.

I think working on something to the point of frustration and beyond is highly beneficial, but then as others have said, taking a break and returning later can often be key.

I agree with everything here except the start over part. Yes stop, but if possible stop to work on the element/section you’re missing. Starting from the beginning of the trick (or musical piece) is not an efficient use of time. Isolate the weak parts to bring them up to the level of the rest of the trick (piece), and then practice in larger sections, or as a whole.