Easily Tag a User in Post

I wish there was a feature wherein I could easily tag users that I want to directly see the post. I mean that, I could tag them, then they could see that there were tagged in a post, and then be directed to it. Kind of like the way I have seen other boards do it. It would just make it easier for me to make sure certain users see the post, as they may not always visit that board, etc

Thanks. You guys rule!

DY7

1 Like

Why not just send them a PM? Most people receive an email notifying them.
(personal opinion, not official position of the management)

1 Like

I think this is a great idea.

1 Like

Not that it’s a bad idea, but I’m not sure it’s necessary on a forum this small. Even a regular visitor can see the whole day’s postings in probably 10-15 minutes. It’s pretty manageable to stay on top of, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Theres been several times ive been mentioned explicitly and I stumbled across it days or even weeks later and it looked like I ignored them. If Im traveling I dont check online things most of the time, so having a notification or something would only help.

1 Like

A PM with a notification does the same thing.

JHB, you sure seem quick to shoot down and combat ideas and suggestions here. . .
not an attack, just an observation.

We are looking into some new software which I’m hoping will enable a lot of functionality like this. Just with 8 years of data - its a big move - but its on our road map! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just trying to keep it simple and give a suggestion for an easy solution. Since it’s not part of the current package it can be a work around until such time as the software changes.