Wood anybody?

^^Somehow I thanked you twice?! I think French summed it up nicely.

It’s difficult to be on the inside looking out with regards to prices, but I don’t think the notion that any yoyo over $5 is outrageous to the general public is accurate at all. If anything, especially with wood yoyos; since wood is associate with things that are more handcrafted. I don’t mean something in a blister pack that’s spray-painted, but rather something like what Paul makes, that has more art and character.

I mean people buy wood pens for $15 and more at craft shows all day long. I think if people saw beautiful wood yoyos at a booth in a craft fair, not everyone would think $30 was outrageous.

Paul, Is the post here because you’re not selling? You would know better than we. What about a sub $20 no-frills high performance fixed axle wood yoyo? That seems to be missing. Something that plays great for around $15, might get more people into trying out wood.

I don’t know if you’d be interested in this idea, but maybe you could even find a manufacturer to produce one of your designs for less than you could. Some other high end makers have done that, and continued to manufacture other designs in the US or Canada, or wherever. You could have an inexpensive, plain-Jane model with modern fixie play characteristics, and continue to make you’re nicer handmade, in-house models.

Just brainstorming… I hope you continue to make yoyos, and that people will buy them. The Acorn is on my short list. :wink:

1 Like