Wood anybody?

Impressive what can do with a fixie.

you rocked that combo. High Regards!

Nice! One of the things that I really missed when I started playing with unresponsive yoyos is the loop to finish.

Does that mean you don’t lube your strings?

I don’t do anything to my strings. I’ve used wax at times when I was learning, and I’ve prepped wood axles with stuff like Vaseline Intensive Care Lip Therapy, but for most cotton strings and most modern fixed axles, it just adds up to be a lot of headache for little if any reward. To burn a broken-in walnut axle with the thick string I use, I’ve got to be going HARD - like White Buddha/Rancid Milk-hard. And I almost never do super-long sleeper tricks on fixed anymore. I use to burn No Jive axles all the time getting stuff like Cold Fusion/Triangulation/Spirit Bomb/Kamikaze dialed. I’d get a whiff of that scorch smell and I’d know the axle was (literally) toast…

But I still love that smell.

2 Likes

have you ever hit Rancid Milk on a fixed axle? I’ve been chasing it now for about a month.

A couple times but never smoothly (I’m not great at that trick in general). Colin beat me to it. It and White Buddha I’ve only hit on the Irving Pro.

1 Like

I’ll probably have to settle for the smell of watermelon ChapStick… ;D

Mine smells like weak tea and tears… I keep trying though.
Throwing a no-jive is the essence of yoing.

1 Like

Sure is!

Hard to argue with that. Especially when you get a smooooth one.

Just want to make sure that anyone who digs a wood yo-yo is aware this is dropping tonight!
2016 eH in zebrano, wenge, bubinga, and TWO available in ebony!

My stoke level has pretty much red-lined. Available at 8p. :slight_smile:

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/new-releases/products/2016-eh-ed-haponik-yoyo-by-tmbr-yoyoexpert-spyy

1 Like

:o

How much does the ebony weigh???

I’m actually not 100% sure but I would say in the 70’s. Significantly heavier than any other version but still very playable.

Ed did you lose weight man? Looking good!
I’ve been on a buying freeze for a while but i love your videos. You seem like you just have stuff figured out, even beyond yoyoing. I think that zebrano piece is going to be a must buy for me

Ha, thanks man. I did lose some. Kinda lucked into an algorithm that’s worked for me. I def appreciate the kind words, but I’m on the same journey as everybody - some days it feels like I’ve figured it out, and others I’m just wandering around with my pants on backwards. Thanks for watching and for the encouragement!

What’s a good fixed axle yoyo for me to start learning fixed axle tricks?

1 Like

The EH is perfect :ok_hand:

Yeah but I don’t want to spend $85 before I know I like this style of play. It’s a beautiful yoyo though.

Anything good below $50?