Wood anybody?

No, it is too large. (realizing he sez “…never mind…”)

Lol. Thanks anyway. :joy:

I have been playing my Duncan Imperial this weekend and find it amusing and very enjoyable. And an hour ago, I have watched Ed’s fixed axle videos in youtube.

I am looking forward to buy some wooden yoyo in the near future. TMBR Irving is out of stock here in YYE, it is the cheapest ($22) so that is my first option.

And now I am looking in OUT’s catalog, choosing between Hipster, Acorn, Cheap Thrills, Just for Fun and Pocket Love. Better buy some cotton strings as well!

Both TMBR and OUT make fine yoyo’s. It just depends on your preference of weight and size.
I am kind of partial to TMBR’s Baldwin.

If you are looking to try wood fixed axle and don’t want to break the bank, the reproduction Duncan wooden butterfly is surprisingly nice. I need to review mine, but, suffice to say I’m enjoying the heck out of it. Yes, my wood butterfly is officially heck free.

Thanks! However, I can only find those on eBay. I will still wait for your review on it! :slight_smile:

Even the original Duncan Butterfly is actually really good for fixed axle play. Except people think it’s bad because they are advertised as beginner yoyo, yet not really suitable for beginners who are learning modern tricks, which I agree.

There’s the YYF Legend Wing Wooden Yoyo…

I have 4 legends and they are all Imperial shaped. I am unaware of a wing shaped Legend.

They exist, and you can buy them currently. :wink:

They just came out :slight_smile:

Let you know what I think! :wink:

The wing shapes YYF Legend looks good. I’m also interested in hearing what people think of it.

just ordered mine.

Whole-heartedly trying to get back into wood and throwing fixed axle. Its a beautiful art form that I don’t want to lose. The O.U.T. stuff is next on my list of purchases.

I just received my Winged Legend and it is fun to play.

I got my Legend Wing yesterday and its definitely worth picking up. I wish it was a little heavier, but that’s just my preference and not at all a knock against how it plays. If they release it in painted colors like the imperial shaped Legend, I’d definitely grab more.

I thought the exact same thing.

I haven’t gotten mine yet, but I’m excited about the weight. Maybe if it’s successful, they’ll produce it in various species, to give various weights.

I’ve been playing with the Wing Shaped Legend today and wish it was a little heavier too. The one I grabbed weighs in at 41g which is pretty light but i’m still having fun with it.