Leg Wrap Trap :-( Stuck

I found myself skipping over the Leg Wrap Trap trick because I wasn’t getting it. It just feel awkward to me. I came back to it after I printed out the trick list. But when I try this, it feels like I am almost throwing with the wrong hand. I’m getting nowhere with it, but will not give up. Does anyone have advice, or a similar story for this trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to cross this off my list so bad. Thanks

For me, shorter string helps (don’t hit the ground as much and smaller radius going around)…

1 Like

The same thing happened to me but the way to make it feel comfortable is to do it over and over again.

1 Like

It’s really all about timing, letting the string wrap just enough, but not too much, before changing position. It also takes a fair amount of confidence because it needs to be done in one fluent movement. I like to do it directly from a breakaway throw, since it gives it the proper momentum. And like anything, just takes practice. I happen to really love this trick, I hope you get it down swiftly and smoothly!!! Best of luck.

1 Like

Thanks to you all. Still having a tough time. But I am determined to get it down and cross it off my list. I appreciate the tips. :peace_symbol:

One thing that helped me when I first learned it is I grabbed the string with my throw hand to shorten the string a bit. Also you just need the confidence that you CAN do it. If you try to make yourself believe you can do it I have found that it helps. Hope I have helped you! :grin:

I notice that Andre does that a lot in his teaching video as well. He always seems to shorten the string that way.

i skipped as well and because of this post im going back at it. And i have a bruise on my left shin to show im not quite perfect at it yet!