Magic yoyo M002 April review

Am i correct in assuming it is a H shape, sources from myy just say “Butterfly” ?

The only problem i have with mine is the bearing is pretty loud

lube it with some thin lube.

Love mine also daily carry and if i happen to ding it not as upset as dinging say my mmc or cascade great deal im gonna try to pick up another one i want the purple/pink color i noticed on ebay they went up to like 35 now i picked mine up on there for 21

I really like that yoyo. My fiance uses it as her main 5a throw as we’re not too worried about the dings considering the price point ;). I also picked up the M003 Prophet and actually think it’s really complimentary to the M002 because it has a much narrower width.

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Still curious about how it plat though

i just bought a k8 leopard off ebay for 20 with six strings a glove and free shipping. super stoked for it to come in. the reveiws are too good for its price.

Hi, i have this fantastic yoyo and i would change the pads. i am not an expert player yet, so i have a question for you: can i replace the pads with o-rings, or it is not possible? Thanks.

Generally you cannot replace pads with o-rings.

1 Like

I bought this yoyo last week. I’ve played with it several hours and can’t say it’s in the same league as the shutter. Out of the box the bearing had some dirt in it so I had to clean it and lube it. Now it spins great but still has a slight “rattle” to it. It looks like a center track but may just use the same design.

The slick finish is the same as the P.lotor which I was also not a fan of. It is a horrible finish for finger spins compared to a standard sand-blasted finish. The “floaty” feel comes from the yoyo’s lightweight which is a design choice but makes it feel cheap.

The biggest issue I have with mine, and this is pretty serious, is that the silver ring around the finger-spin area is sharp. I mean I feel like I could cut myself on it. When they made this piece it’s almost like they pulled it right off the machine and put it in the yoyo without any smoothing work done. It feels like running my finger over the edge of a pop-tab. I don’t know if every model is like this but it’s either a quality control issue or a serious design flaw.

All that being said I do like this yoyo. It spins for a while once the bearing is cleaned. It plays fast and has good balance. I can do all the same tricks I can do with my shutter, horizon, and edge (finger spins not so much). I paid $24.00 for this on amazon and it’s definitely worth that price. I can say with no doubt it’s not as good as the N12, which is almost half the price. I would definatly get the N12 if you are considering either one.

I see where you say it can be swapped out to become responsive? Have you actually tried this? I am anxiously awaiting this new throw in the mail. I am slowing messing around with unresponsive play but like the automatic responsive better than having do do binds. I guess im just not ready to move to unresponsive play but wanted to try out a throw that cost more than $12 to $20. Someone on another site said that it probably wouldn’t work well. But they said “probably”, not definitely.thanx in advance. -Daniel

I will try it when I get home in a few hours. Magicyoyo uses very short axles so probably.

The axle that the April comes with is a bit too long for a narrow C (responsive) bearing which leaves a 1/16” gap. Don’t try to force the halves together to close the gap. You have to experiment with a shorter axle.

are you positive its not the bearing posts? if you remove the axle, will the yoyo “close” around the slim bearing?

The yoyo will not close all the way with a responsive bearing. Without the axle the halves will not stay together. You would have to try a shorter axle. I’m not sure what you are asking.

He’s asking if it will close all the way with the half-spec bearing in it. If not, then the bearing posts are too high, so they touch before the gap closes between the bearing and yoyo.

1 Like

There are two things that determine whether a yoyo will fit a slim bearing: axle length, and bearing post length. if the axle is too long, the halves wont close together. if the bearing posts are too long, the yoyo will close before the bearing is seated. i’m asking that if you remove the axle entirely, does the bearing get sealed like normal, or will it sit loose. obviously it wont stay together without the axle.

Gotcha. Axle posts protrude too far to accomodate a narrow C bearing. Prognosis: Yoyo was not designed to be played responsive.

1 Like

Thanx for all the responses guys.

1 Like

The Magicyoyo v3 is very affordable and comes ready to switch between responsive and unresponsive. It’s a good yoyo too!