New Leather YoYo holder

Hey YoYoExperts,

I just got back into yoyos after but touching one for 8 yrs or so. Everything has changed in a good way! I picked up a Markmont Next and a yoyofactory yoyo holder and away I went. Love the yoyo and love the concept of three holder but the nylon look. Not so much. So I grabbed some leather scraps, sketched up a quick design, and made version 1 of my own holder.

But since I’m not always going to be carrying the MN I tried it on a B-Grade Shu-ta I had picked up as well.

I’m already planning version 2 with burnished edges and better stitching. What do you guys think?

Looking good!

The slit that the strap passes through-- I don’t know jack about leather-- how high is the chance that over time it could wear through and break at that point? Almost a non-issue?

Good point Greg, for version 2 I’ll add in some stitching around the slot. Eventually it will wear out and get loose enough that it might now hold tight anymore. Good catch!

I feel like using the leather adds an opportunity for personalization,
that as far as I know doesn’t exist except for color schemes.

I’d throw my last name on it or something, that’d be cool.

Exactly. Leather just feels nicer to me with a lot more character. Options for customizing it a pretty much endless.

I’m interested to see how it wears over time.