new koncave bearings gets clunky...

hello,i got me x3 koncave bearings and all three started to make very loud sound and the spin got slower after only 1 hour.

i had to clean them and put a tiny bit of lube but still it does not spin same as the first hour of use.
(when new it was spinning like 10 seconds+ if i spin the bearing on pencil,now 3-4 seconds)

maybe it is normal and i just need to ignore it? since its 3 bearings and used on different yoyos.

Well you lubed it, 3-4 seconds sounds about right. Also the flick spin time doesn’t really tell how good it is.
As for the sound, it’s probably the bearing itself. Ether lube it or try different brands if it bothers you.

I’m really liking the Terrapin Dry lube. It’s a bit of a production to use, but it really seems to increase spin time. Here’s the best instructions I’ve found https://youtu.be/EpqvSJsBNwA

This is going in the next thing I order.

No question, the DryLube increases spin-time on a sleeping yoyo or a bearing flick.

Your mileage may vary on whether that translates to longer combos or not. :wink:

It took me a few tries to get it right. You’ll end up using a lot less than you thought you needed.

using the bearings after cleaned them and lubed them alittle.

so far so good… i like more the YYF bearing than the koncave…
btw i didnt removed the shields,i just cleaned it and lubed it as it is…

I’ve stopped lubing or shielding the bearings. It’s liberating.