Delrin Outer Rings

Years ago Frank made this for me:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/IMG_20160330_154157.jpg

I had him groove the outer rims to seat rubber o-rings. My thinking was that that would be better for offstring play. The problem is that the rubber really grips the string if it comes in contact with it. If I play without the rubber rings, the string often ends up in those grooves, and that’s not good either.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to create rings out of delrin; or some other material that would achieve a slippery, yet tough surface; and successfully get them into those grooves? If yes, any suggestions for a modder to do the work?

I’m thinking maybe a thin sort of rubber band that fills in the groove, then a teflon outer ring. Or even delrin for that matter.

1 Like

You could put a delrin ring on it, but you’d need to machine away most of the lip on the outside of the groove. You can snap fit delrin into a groove, but it won’t expand ‘that’ much.

Not sure who is still offering modding services, I don’t have the time anymore.

Kyle

1 Like

Thanks kyle,

Yeah, when modman suggested a rubber band to fill to gap, I figured that the issue was the depth of the groove, and had figured out that reducing that outer lip might be in order.

I have received a lead via PM, and I might contact Frank as well. I just don’t know if he has time and/or if he works with Delrin.

Mike

Scott Attaway can do this probably. His name here is Scooter.Mcgavin I believe.

1 Like

Yep, He was the lead I received via PM! He’s gonna take care of me. I’ll post an update when she’s all fixed up.