Yoyo bearing issue help {merged}

i recently ordered thin lube for my unresponsive yoyo but it hasn’t arrived yet. but my yoyo started making a large squeaking noise. i knew that i have to lube. is it ok if i don’t use the yoyo and put it back in the box and take it out to lube it when it comes. will the bearing still be ok till the lube comes. :-[

Clean it out first before trying lube.

the side of my bearing does not have the shields does that mean I can just put it in a cup of minerl spirit or lighter fluid :-[

Try taking out both shields before cleaning, but I’ve cleaned my bearings with both shields on.

I clean with the shields off. Otherwise, how would the dirt easily get out?

Debris of some kind is likely causing the noise. A good cleaning will help, I’d bet. I use acetone on mine; but, lighter fluid, alcohol, mineral spirits, etc. works well for some people.

I’ve managed to put the shields back on bearings before; but, it’s hard and I don’t know if it’s worth the effort. I have some bearings with no shields because of this. It doesn’t hurt anything.

edit
I thought you said yours DID have shields. I misread. I still stand by what I said.

I mean by that I can see the little balls in the bearing before I clean it. the bearing doesn’t have shields I can try to take off :frowning:

Cleaning with one shield off works perfectly fine.