OD Rally with a concave bearings...?

Hey everyone I am wondering if anyone has run into a problem with the Rally and ctx, or center track or concave bearings becoming responsive in the OD Rally…? I removed the 10 ball flat and dropped in a concave bearing…but omg it my knuckles first throw? I’m just asking if anyone else has this issue and what did you do to eleviate the responsive issue if you did reslove it that is…? A big thanks in advance…
rockstar

How does the same bearing play in another yoyo? I have to ask because you didn’t mention if it plays ok in a different yoyo. Have you cleaned it recently? If not that would be the next thing to try, particularly if it’s responsive in a different yoyo. Maybe clean it just for good measure anyway.

Unless you messed up installing it which is pretty hard to do, just putting it in the OD would not affect it that way.

Possible causes
-dirty bearing seat [wipe it down with a tissue and some acetone.]
-vibe [the bearing cages can get offset from vibe]

I have tried all the suggestions here…cleaned bearing and when used in my summit it’s fine…unresponsive all the way…but in the Rally it’s crazy…? White w/ red rings…#29…I can’t figure this out yet?..help please

Is there some hair or something on the bearing post? That’s the location where the bearing sits. If there’s something there or in the bearing seat that can cause friction against the bearing and cause it to become responsive.

I had a similar problem with my Magicyoyo t5 but it would become viby and responsive. I am not sure but I think some yoyos just don’t work with some bearings. the only thing other then the terrible bearing that came with the T5 that wouldn’t be viby was the flat bearing that came with my QU4DRO.

Take the yo-yo apart. Put the bearing on one half, flick it with your finger. Does it spin?

Put it on the other half, flick it with your finger. Does it spin?

Put the yo-yo together, wrap the string a few times around the bearing and pull. Does is spin?

It’s POSSIBLE (although I’m sure we would have heard of this before) that the bevel on the outside of some bearings (including the OD 10-ball) is necessary to clear the webbing outside the bearing (just before the response)… Garrett’s test described above will help you discover. :wink:

Maybe the tolerance can’t accept it?

My old YYJ Legacy couldn’t take center tracks but could take flats just fine.

I was thinking something like that but never experienced it so I didn’t know if it was possible! XD

I feel I must let you all know my outcome w/the Rally and concave bearings…after taking all the good advice from this forum and the good people here…I’m just going to learn to use a flat bearing in my OD Rally since any concave bearing…responds like a responsive bearing and cracks my knuckles! I didn’t find anything wrong or bent or broken all seems to be right w/this bearing…except when in the bearing seat of the rally w/a concave bearing…don’t get it? But I can live w/it! Thanks for all the advice & kind words…
Rockstar

No probs man Sorry we couldn’t find a solution I found the in some way flats perform just as well when doing tricks but concave is good for learning tricks when you have the yoyo sitting on the string for extended periods of time.