YYF 19 mm Response pads and Shutter

Hi folks:

I ordered some 19mm slim response pads for my Shutter a while ago and I just tried to replace them today. The pads in the package seem to be much larger in diameter than the groove in the Shutter. Are the response pads supposed to be “forced” into the groove? The YYE web page says the Shutter pads are the 19mm slim, but they are significantly larger in diameter than the ones that came out.

Thank you for your advice.

Did you order the 19mm slim pads or the regular 19mm pads?

19mm slim pads

That’s strange that they don’t fit. The slim pads are designed to fit relatively tightly in the groove, but if they look significantly larger then something might be wrong. It could be possible we sent you the wrong size pads or you just got a defective one.

Send us an email or give us a call and we can get this fixed for you.

1 Like

Garrett: I’ll try to post a photo of the packaging and the pad next to the pad that came out of my Shutter.

Now, I only opened 1 of 3 packets, I’ll check the other ones to see if they’re all the same size. Thank you for your response. (I just realized that was an unintentional pun.)

I was able to get some photos of the response pads. This photo shows the response pad which came out of my Shutter next to one of the response pads I purchased. It also shows on of the new response pads sitting on my Shutter to show how much different the pads are from the notch they should go into. That inner notch is for the bearing, so what you’re seeing is the inner ring of the response pad slot in comparison to the inner diameter of the new pad.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eTuf_ZIUpSs-9S1sNCp7Zhj2gdPcvOXmoq38F8ZBkyBbe3qLSkte4wJ3A5xxEK4-BokFHR5wjxHbqNfQxy5NTB3drqf78wmhelLnm6hatX1neFmifxAMGMftz9u70_M7oDvCsmOTF1PgKCH_V-jyFL5VronfK6yAY-dW8hmCHFZxxetOP09f4aMt2NloleSuc-Et4BVq2VSw5z8zX19ejEZg7ppNQL5ml8nsrXIfWrMbTeLInzMtlnIz_7GbXQptkQLkHNJBmekECS7x_-qKK2Cihbv_D3IRWU8uWQix0s7D2co43zPuHVDgJDGH7UMA4RVdm00hbW7iVClPRyo_2H1FqK2avrgkHxy0KHlGNcpIcMtFQhxPK0GkKAFn7taS58wDoEFbzNiijv1LLc-YgY7Jz0KAKh5kc-uCinJl1Dqtidkcth80g_Bm3CTiKUhyj9-hdoCio9spqrgNWwZUpzIAe7_tXeZKqh96U8oboF-zzWBJ6hDQXHT1I0SSXpxvToRw69IqMdicRgSxms9uip4DhvpcJV5kbHoULZ-fMqLtOxFPkW4duMDv2VNrUwVq0Nsu=w640-h360-no?.jpg

This photo is interesting. It shows two of the new response pads. The smaller circle on top is the paper ring that was attached to the new pad. The paper ring is smaller and it fits the yoyo. To the right of the two large pads is the original pad to show the difference in size.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/U-VJCEumMudNPHaUu4GUl4YDOM5RmMKVqSjJ7Ad_6d49MeuuhWes8eWTYvz3j5v3efp8c5FU6c9_Z_CwN3QQ-s3bIg7AH9boOocU8vpzN5uuBg6Auk1h6nhj98xWWBP1wt9jQwCteh0HeLZ-dkQR4xyjtE68pMbH2QxuwXv79bH90nKmgVZIYDweSlfHFYOpAJbaD9P8S66fKEn5iNK3icrWK-It3F3qEgfLNsp5Y3SQGoh4KumNXt_OnVAIpQaL5CWYL5g5YE8cNQTFCnsQuV6PnY-Zjs9wI2Xg5f9AKT2zHFdAg_epyXv_BD0mKTBczJjkWuNrE7UclYw1Iz1xQIDXREUI1s7wsgAx5mjeXXUhT01OvYSJOrn22KdvDy6WGkVcgn4-_c1cpHKiR3r_5NvDKbSclYbnc19oxNg7nJQ0Df10xX6AHwS3W_ej7-DwO1fsCrBL7vp7_kmC7561PZpcPAdAXqyprqrS7Z6gkATFL1R8c3j5XNhNU35tbyJ0kJDxZnZnfRyTadQGpZ96omXg9KYyd4xBVNhwUCOaoO9j7aP2QJ-XwPZQ4M7DzCdV8Hl6=w640-h360-no?.jpg

It’s interesting that the peel off paper sticker is the right size. But in all of my packages the response pads had pulled off of the paper sticker.

I hope that helps.

Greg

The pics don’t show, at least for me. The link is some long google string.

Ok, good to know. Maybe they’re showing up for me because I’m viewing photos from my Google photos account from my phone which is already logged in to Google. I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I could see the pics earlier before jhb’s comment. I can still see them now.

edit
I just now put flowable on my shutter. Literally an hour ago. It beats dealing with ill fitting Chinese pads and it works great! The only downside is waiting for it to cure. If you can get it, I recommend it.

i’m not seeing the images either

Garrett: I sent you an email with the photos via the “Contact” link.

Hi folks:

I just wanted to let you know that Garrett contacted me and they’re going to send me some new pads.

I just wanted to publicly say “Thank You” to Garrett and Yoyo Expert for the excellent customer service. I really do appreciate it.

Greg

If I were to guess I’d say these pads were exposed or stored with lube and had swollen.

Yeah, i’m assuming the package got wet in shipping since they were that size right out of the paper packaging. Good ol’ USPS.

I just received the pads in the mail and they fit perfectly. Thank you again to Garret and Yoyo Expert.