Fixed Axle February 2016 Video Contest

Winners announced!

If this doesn’t work. just go to Redirecting...

I’m heading to bed. Congrats to the winners!

Winna, winna, chicken dinna!

Posted by Fixed Axle February Video Contest on Sunday, March 13, 2016

Congrats to all the winners!
Hope to see y’all next year!

Thanks for taking your time to organize this, really appreciate it, congrats to the winners!
See you in faf 2017!

Congratulations to all of the winners!!!
And a great big THANK YOU for all the work and dedication in the organization and judging of this dynamic event!

Great contest! Thanks for putting it on!

Thanks for running the contest again. I always look forward to it. Great job everybody who took part.

Looks like I’ll have to get practicing so my entry will qualify next year ;).

Thanks to the organizers and sponsors, and congratulations to the winners. Amazing cool tricks!

Good job errbody!

i fully expect to see a video from you next year. Or I’ll say something bad about you on Facebook.

2 Likes

You know what, fixed axle April doesn’t sound too bad isn’t it…

1 Like

Maybe a contest later in the year – Fixed Axle Fall…

I started thinking that I already knew the trick I want to create for next year, but then I realized that it may be a different format!

At least with all this practice, I’m hitting Shoot the Moon for the first time in my life… even though that’s not part of the trick I had in mind.

We are definitely going to stick with a banger category. If prizes allow, we may include an AP category. Or a full length video category. Bangers fosho.

I don’t have bangers for any kind of yoyoing at all. :wink:

I think I’ll have to master regens to make mine qualify as a banger. Maybe a year will get me there. Probably won’t be a win, but it will be unique!

neither do I, but, I still decided to subject everyone to my normal fumbling around. The difference for this contest? I fumbled around with a fixed axle yoyo!

1 Like

I thought your repeater was cool!

1 Like

We wanted to get feedback from as many of you as possible on next year. This year was mostly a last minute scramble. So, we already have plans to get started on 2017 while there is still plenty of 2016 left. What suggestions do you guys have for his for 2017? How can we improve the contest? Get more contestants, etc?

I do not have the set-up to record any of my meager efforts but I really enjoy watching the videos and being amazed at how many good throwers there are out there.
One more thing: I really enjoy my 2014 Wood Fixed Axle yoyo.

I have an idea for next year. A trick challenge! Each contestant could post a trick for the other contestants to attempt. Each contestant would get 1 point for every trick they performed by another contestant, and 1 point for each contestant that isn’t able to perform their trick.

I don’t know if that would be too time consuming, but it would be a nice way to motivate us to learn new tricks!