Rom's Reviews: C3yoyodesign Teleport

C3yoyodesign, is a company that seems to be rising in the contest scene. With new players like Rei Iwakura, Shion Araya, and Ryuichi Nakamura it is without doubt that this team is growing. Today I bring to you one of their “fun” throws, the Teleport. It has a very wide shape, normally known for practising hop tricks. Despite being for fun though it did catch my attention when it claimed 2nd at the EYYC 1A Open Division when used by Simpson Wong. Based on an older model from C3yoyodesign the
Master Galaxy, it retails for half the price at $50.00, lets see what the Teleport has to offer.

C3YoYoDesign Teleport Stats:
(From Yoyoexpert)
Diameter: 54.41 mm / 2.14 inches
Width: 51.00 mm / 2.00 inches
Gap Width: 4.46 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 68.70 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: CBC “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD

Design Concept: 7.5 / 10
Unlike the other wide throws you can buy on the market, the Teleport seems to follow the some basic concepts for modern style play. It has a wide shape, fortunately it is not too wide so basic tech is still possible. It has medium rim weight, somewhat closer the middle of the half of the throw. This throw is somewhat comfortable in hand, it just seems to be awkward in weight distribution. Constructed out of 6061 aluminium it is softer and easier to anodize. Therefore you can expect top notch anodization, C3yoyodesign especially seems to specialize in this.
I will rate the design concept 7.5 /10, an interesting shape that seems to work, weight distribution however seems to ruin the full potential.

Play/Function/Usage: 4 / 10
Play: You need to throw this thing hard if you want it to move at a decent speed. It truly is a “floater”, but not in a good way. It slows down speed due to it high surface area. As a speed player you can expect to struggle when moving it, but then again it does work. As mentioned before this throw can do “basic” tech. Lacerations or whip tricks are mediocre at best on this throw. Complicated string tricks will fail, just like all wide throws, it simply is not work out well.
Function: So I said earlier that the shape somewhat works. It compliment some styles of play and tricks. When first used it will sleep for 2 minutes, but that said somehow you can get in a good 45 second combo on it. Horizontal is easier on this throw, but by horizontal I mean at a 45 degree angle, it struggles with staying balanced. Believe me, horizontal influences is the core of my play style. The signature curved, low wall C3yoyodesign implements into many of their throws seems to be useful here. Like all wide throws they specialize in hopping tricks. I would say that this is somewhat true. This throw seems to have a lot of tilting issues due to the rim weight being awkward. The only thing I can really suggest this throw for are those crazy body tricks you see some Hong Kong and China players do like Simpson Wong or Ma Yi.
Usage: By far the worst thing about this throw is its usage. I bought 2, I thought it had the potential as a competition throw. I was wrong. While this is a quality control, it has a little bit of vibe out of the box. Not to mention that it is really unforgivable on bad throws. Also the rim is really thin, I can picture it denting easily causing unfixable vibe.

Conclusion: 11.5 / 20
Not the best throw ever, while it is good to play with it just is not a good throw. Especially with the budget throws flooding the market nowadays it is simply out classed. I would suggest many budget throws made by Yoyofactory or Yoyoofficer over this one. If you really want a C3yoyodesign throw I suggest the Level 6, Accelerator, or M.O.V.E over this one. Nice try C3yoydesign but there is a reason that it was a clearance item at YoyoStoreRewind. Perhaps the upcoming Railgun or Image Breaker throws will be a hit, but this is surely a miss.

My first review, let me know what you all think! I want to hear your opinions and feedback! :wink:

Good job. I like your review It’s really nice.

Constructive criticism. Expand on your categories a little more, you did great on it but I think you should include more “why” and how it deals with your style. You should rate it on how it plays in beginner, intermediate, and pro ranges. With the bearing and response, talk about how it deals with binds and if it snags and the such. Personally, I would say ho well it does with grinds (particularly fingerspins).

All in all, since I can’t think of anything else, great job again. Continue doing reviews.