Yolo Yoyo Return tops, Bobcat!

Good luck, nice unique shape!

I’ve spoken English my whole life. I am just not very good at typing.

Did you decide what kind of aluminum your prototypes will be? Guesstimate on the final weight? And what bearing?

1 Like

6061 aluminum. Most likely it will be around 60-65 grams. Center track bearings.

saying, “just normal aluminum” tells us nothing. There isn’t really a normal aluminum. Just about everything now-a-days is made out of 6061 alloy or 7075 alloy. There is some variable to that, but those are the two most common. If you don’t even know what material you’re making it out of, you can’t tell people It’s going to be between 60-65 grams.

I know its too early to be thinking about price but what is your prediction on it? Not sure how much i need to start saving for. Lol

Do you have any pictures of the Bobcat?

I could have sworn that he had a CAD shot of it up a while ago. Either he took it down for some reason, or I’m imagining things.

He did, but I guess he took if off. Was a very interesting shape

1 Like

What a bizarre situation. Why remove the CAD pictures?
Is this still going to happen? Is there going to be a revision? Is the now “bobcat” scrapped?
There was some criticism but that was about the PR not the yoyo itself, that seemed pretty good!

This all comes off as a bit unprofessional. I love seeing new company’s but this really isn’t the way to go about doing it.

Maybe he doesn’t want to show the CAD pictures until he has prototypes. ???

I think it’s fine.

The cad is complete! Prototypes coming soon! ;D

I might as well get in on the unnecessary bashing of the kid trying to make a yo-yo:

Not enough opportunity for kids to get sponsored in the community? Son, age doesn’t matter at ALLLL in the sponsorship process (for the most part). If you’ve the skills of Takeshi or Zach or Gentry or [name-brand yo-yoer here] then you’re sponsored. The only thing that matters is skill. The opportunity is out there for those willing to strive to achieve it.

That being said, all these fools saying all the stuff trying to discourage you need to stop. I hate that people think that because someone tries something but doesn’t have it all figured out yet that they can bash and bash and bash. The kid is trying to make a yo-yo at age 12. What were you doing at age 12? Picking your nose? Writing love letters to the girl you don’t know how to talk to? Come on. He’s putting himself out there and that’s tough for anyone to do, regardless of age.

You aren’t supreme, and you aren’t better than anyone else. If you want to criticize, do it like the person you’re criticizing has dignity. (protip: everyone has dignity.)

Nice CAD. Weird shape haha but if it plays good, then that’s all that matters. The Turntable is the weirdest looking thing out there, but it plays like a competor and trick-creator’s dream (lol thats like my go to example for weird yoyos that play great). Keep it up homie! Are you designing the yo-yo’s by yourself with a CAD program or are you getting help? Either way, still impressive. I’ve thought about wanting to make a yo-yo, but I think I’ll wait till after I have my Engineering degree to go for that haha.

2 Likes

ooh interesting OD be curious about what’s to come from this company! Keep up the good work!

Thank You for understanding that how hard it can be trying to start a company at such a young age. Hopefully some day you will make a yoyo.

1 Like

How do you know so much about my childhood…?

Inner catch zone could use a little less flatness maybe

I was just describing mine… #twins?

1 Like

Definitely agreed.

Yolo Yoyo Return Tops
Yolo Yoyo Return
Yolo Yoyo
Yolo
YOLO
get out

Nah, but seriously, my disagreement with the company name aside, this looks like a really interesting shape, I’d sure like to give it a try some day ;D