Yolo Yoyo Return tops, Bobcat!

I might as well get in on the unnecessary bashing of the kid trying to make a yo-yo:

Not enough opportunity for kids to get sponsored in the community? Son, age doesn’t matter at ALLLL in the sponsorship process (for the most part). If you’ve the skills of Takeshi or Zach or Gentry or [name-brand yo-yoer here] then you’re sponsored. The only thing that matters is skill. The opportunity is out there for those willing to strive to achieve it.

That being said, all these fools saying all the stuff trying to discourage you need to stop. I hate that people think that because someone tries something but doesn’t have it all figured out yet that they can bash and bash and bash. The kid is trying to make a yo-yo at age 12. What were you doing at age 12? Picking your nose? Writing love letters to the girl you don’t know how to talk to? Come on. He’s putting himself out there and that’s tough for anyone to do, regardless of age.

You aren’t supreme, and you aren’t better than anyone else. If you want to criticize, do it like the person you’re criticizing has dignity. (protip: everyone has dignity.)

Nice CAD. Weird shape haha but if it plays good, then that’s all that matters. The Turntable is the weirdest looking thing out there, but it plays like a competor and trick-creator’s dream (lol thats like my go to example for weird yoyos that play great). Keep it up homie! Are you designing the yo-yo’s by yourself with a CAD program or are you getting help? Either way, still impressive. I’ve thought about wanting to make a yo-yo, but I think I’ll wait till after I have my Engineering degree to go for that haha.

2 Likes