Raleigh NC Throwers

Imma be outta state…

okay.
so how do you feel about the idea in general? would another weekend be better, like the 20th?
the goal is to establish a weekend to let the shop set as a ‘learn to yoyo day’ or some such thing.
in charlotte at the learning express they had a table or chairs to put a yoyo case or two on and it was basically a hang out and chance to maybe show some yoyo stuff to foot traffic in the store, they also
advertised (i believe) but most of the folks that showed up had heard about it though the school grapevine.

I like the idea in general. (we’re talking about the idea of having a club, right?)

I should be able to do the 20th. Time of day might play a factor…

I can do the 20th, but not that late in the day.
The next weekend I’m free after that is the weekend of the 18th.

You have my attention. I attended the club meeting in Mooresville a couple of times but I didn’t like the three hour drive each way. If you guys get something going it would be a lot more convienent for me.

Well can you come on the 27th?
If Sunday’s are better for people there is a City Park we could use that is open.
I love the idea of Science Safari, but as good as it is, it won’t help if people can’t come.

I’d prefer it if the meeting is indoors. Summer’s coming up so it’ll start to getting really hot. The Science Safari sounds good with me.

I would prefer indoors as well, but right now we only have one venue for that.
If you can come on the 27th then that is at least three of us, so that’s good.

I’m down for any of the dates you’ve mentioned.

Okay, let’s just say the last Saturday of each month, 4:00 to 5:30 or 6:00ish.
Science Safari in Cary, starting this month, June 27th.
He will put out some notices with his regular customer base, we’ll see what happens.
Of course I would like to see anyone/everyone that can make it. I don’t expect a huge turn out
from the neighborhood. This is something that Sean and I have discussed for a long time, and it is really
just an addition to the type of classes and stuff that he does all the time. It could suffice for what you guys are kicking around, yoyo club wise, or it could just be an addition to it.

I might not need to be outta state. Things going up! It’s not even Tuesday…

Sounds like a plan to me.

Hello. I am a thrower is Raleigh. I can meet anywhere anytime. I didn’t mind going to the mall in Chapel Hill. That was kind of cool. There is Moore Sq, Dorthea Dix. Some local guys met a couple of times at Lake Johnston. But it is hot. If you are 21. I know a couple places we could go. I wonder if Marbles has a room we could use. Or the Science museum downtown. That would be cool.

Cool man! Hopefully we will see you on the 27th!

Just a reminder that we are meeting Saturday the 27th at 4!

Git yur yo-yos ready, Saturday is almost here!
There is usually a steady bit of foot traffic through the S.S. on Saturdays,
so there may be a fair amount of kids that want to try yo-yos. I plan on bringing some
beaters, and some extra stings and whatnot. I volunteered with Sean to help if any of his
customers bringing back old throws that needed a string or a tune up and stuff like that. He also sells kendamas and spin tops, so if any of you guys are into that, bring them on.
Hope to have a good turn out, trade some tricks, help some kids, vote on an official club tattoo, all that kind of stuff.
So…who all is going to be there? I heard there was maybe going to be a rap battle between
Morgoroth and GCFYY.

Werd!

I’ll be there with all my throws.

Both of them :smiley:

So Saturday the 27th at 4:00 at Science Safari in Cary? School’s out, I might be able to come

Would anyone want to try a shout?

Yeah man, bring some in!