11th Yo Down Show Down - July 3 - New Mexico

The 11th Yo Down Show Down is coming up in Farmington, New Mexico on Friday, July 3rd.  The contest is a pretty relaxed event to promote the “Art of Yo!” in the area and encourage more people to try string slinging. If anyone is interested in performing a few short demos before the contest, please contact me at lukerennerstringslinger@live.com.  I’ll be performing a few tricks and hosting a workshop at 1:45pm.  This event is geared to meeting other players in the area and having fun! I’m trying to get the word out about the contest to area players so feel free to forward this information/post on other boards.  Sponsored by MagicYoYo, YoYoFactory and Duncan Toys.

Thanks,

- Luke Renner

The event is on Friday, July 3rd at the Farmington Museum (3041 E. Main Farmington, NM)
Here are details about all of the events at the museum.

1:45pm Yo-Yo Workshop

5pm – 8:30pm Family Freedomfest - Gateway Park Museum & Visitor Center Terrace
Brought to you by Millennium/Leavitt Insurance

5:00 Ice Cream Social: ice cream eating contest, sundaes & root beer floats
Farmington Museum Foundation & Creamland Dairies – sponsors

5:00 Performance by San Juan College’s Company

5:45 Yo Yo Demonstration & Contest (registration 5 - 5:30pm) – Luke Renner

6:30 Delbert Anderson Trio, Connie Gotsch Arts Foundation – sponsor

7:15 Kissmah Brass Band, Millennium/Leavitt Insurance - sponsor
Great food and ice cream available for purchase from fantastic food vendors and the Farmington Museum Foundation. Stay after and enjoy the fireworks and musical simulcast!

http://www.lukerenneryoyomagic.com/yodownshowdownyoyocontes…

A month out from the contest/meet up. Most of the prizes have come in for the event on July 3rd. Special thanks to MagicYoYo, Duncan Toys and YoYoFactory.

TV Spot airing in the Four Corners for the contest/meet-up in New Mexico. Special thanks to MagicYoYo, Duncan Toys and YoYoFactory.

Looks like it’ll be a ton of fun!

Booked a hotel room in Farmington!

Can’t wait to spend some of my weekend there! See you at the contest.

Great to hear you are making to Farmington for the contest on Friday, July 3rd! I’ll be at the Farmington Museum at 1:30 for the workshop / met-up. Then the contest will start with registration at 5:30 and begin at 5:45. Took awhile to write back. I have been on the road and just came back from the BOCO Colorado State Contest. Steven, Hunter, John and Zach did a great job hosting and judging the contest.

BCCO Sounded like a lot of fun. Did it give you any ideas for Yo-Down?

Can’t wait! I be heading over there for this!

See you in Farmington!

The BOCO event uses the IYYF rules and had a great venue. The Yo Down Show Down is set-up to promote the “Art of Yo”. The scope of the events is a little different since there are lot of non yo-yo spectators at the Yo Down. This makes the event part: contest / yo-yo exhibition / meet-up. In the past 10 years every competitor has walked away with something. Special Thanks to the 2015 sponsors Duncan, MagicYoYo and YoYoFactory.

Wait do skill level does not matter? Could anyone, despite their level, compete and walk away with a decent prize? If so, I know someone who would love to show people what he’s learned! Can’t wait! Thanks

Skill level is important to win the contest. The higher end prizes are awarded to the winners. It takes a lot for someone to go up on a stage and compete in a contest. I try to find something for everyone who enters the contest. This ranges from strings, stickers and other donated prizes. I would encourage your friend to show people the tricks he has learned, meet other players and have fun. This year the contest is in a new location on Friday, July 3rd at the Farmington Museum (inside newly constructed museum exhibit hall) 3041 E. Main Street in Farmington, New Mexico.

Awesome thanks

Yo Down Show Down awards almost finished. Contest/Meet-up Friday, July 3rd Farmington, New Mexico. Special Thanks to 2015 sponsors MagicYoYo, Duncan, and YoYoFactory.

11th Yo Down Show Down after the contest. Great group of New Mexico throwers! First time an entire family entered :slight_smile: . Special Thanks to MagicYoYo, Duncan and YoYoFactoryfor sponsoring the event. The contest results are online at http://goo.gl/bKjqmr.

If any of the Albuquerque Throwers that competed want a copy of the newspaper story send me a message. I picked up a few extra copies.