New Japanese Bi-Metal

Thumbs up, Julio Robles! How do you guys know him? I searched him and lead me to wikipedia, showing me a guy with the same name. lol

He’s a regular on other social media.

[quote=“pertyo,post:6,topic:73490”]
I find it weird how the first pic says Sengoku in English because it says Nobunaga in Japanese. I see the person behind this wanted to engrave write the yoyo’s name and company name on it. People who doesn’t know Japanese will be confused which side actually says Sengoku.
[/quote
My exact thoughts when reading the kanji lol

But I like the concept, makes it look classy

Maybe putting the caption of nobunaga on the nobunaga side(1st), and sengoku on the sengoku side(2nd) would work?

Regardless of the funky engravings (things not matching or whatever), it lookspretty cool

This is the prototype, it has the nobunaga kanji in both sides and sengoku (company´s name) in Roman alphabet. The final release will include the Sengoku Kanji (picture attached)
Why there is no info in Japanese? simply because I can´t write properly in Japanese, I´m still a bit away from a couple thousand of kanjis, but I´ll ask my wife to do it in the future, right now my target is the Western Market, so English can do.

About definition of “Japanese” it is designed by a non-Japanese living in Japan, machined in a Japanese factory with Japanese machines operated by Japanese guys that has Japanese faces :stuck_out_tongue:
At the end of the day, what matters is how it plays :slight_smile:

I´m happy to see people has good expectations, I´m pretty sure it won´t disappoint you, it is lighter, floatier and faster than the draupnir and it spins longer. Horizontal is a breeze, but don´t take my word for it, might be biased, I sent it to some respected people in America that many people in this communbity knows like Tucker Holland and Shai Hulud, and soon you´ll hear first hand reviews.

still
why 6 trillion years

I’m intrigued!

That gave me peace of mind. Not because they have Japanese faces, but the fact it seems you know about the factory and the people who works there. Thanks for all the thorough information! :slight_smile: Knowing stuff about you, the factory, etc. made me want to support your company even more.

Thank you for the support, but more important than the story behind is the design.
It is a waste for a bi-metal to be heavy, normal throws are more than enough, the extra power is not really needed.
But in the low weights, a bi-metal shines, it does what a single metal one can´t, be light, and keep mad torque, but I didn´t want to do yet another bi metal, so I pushed more than half weight into the rims,
the rings weight is more than 50% of the body weight (aluminum 20g and steel 10.1 per halve).

1 Like

no response separator
83.57% respect lost

If this is true, then my $??? will no longer be mine :o

Another pic :slight_smile:

Any specs? I think this is right up my alley!

Oh gosh this looks good. There are too many yoyos I want!

Pictures you post are such a tease!

All I want is Nobunaga. I’m not gay.

42mm width
53mm diameter
62.8 gr weight

1 Like

whelp, im buying…get some pre-orders going! lol

Yeah! I want to pre-order a pair.

Why not target the Japanese Market and Western Market at the same time? Japanese people really need your yoyos!

I have translated Sturm Panzer’s story book from Japanese into English. Now I’m not too confident translating the opposite way around, but I’ll be more than glad to provide you with a Japanese version of your words. Your wife can double check my work. That’ll be much easier on her rather than translating from scratch.

Japanese yoyo companies have too much Western theme. Your company having Japanese theme and producing made in Japan yoyo is the most closest company to have the right to claim it’s indeed a Japanese company.

It’s like a smaller lighter draupnir

I teared up a bit :cry:

Not precisely, if the Draupnir were to resize to that diameter the steel rings would be much smaller, Nobunaga´s rings are heavier than Draupnir´s, and the body much lighter, though somehow the feeling on the string is similar, the play is different.