2SickYoYos News Thread: The Knights are coming! (10/13/15 Update) Page 3

Welcome to the 2sickYoYos official news thread!

Here we will post new info for our fans and followers to stay up to date with new releases and general 2sick information.

Just a little about me and 2sickyoyos:

Many know who I am, Joey Serrano, the owner of 2SickYoYos. I wanted to give a back story of 2sick and myself for those who would like to know.

*I’m not only a yoyoer but a bird whisperer  ;D

I have been yoyoing since 2008 and in the Spring of 2013 I decided I wanted to design and prototype a yoyo. A big goal on my bucket list I thought I would never be able to do. That became the Gambit and with the overwhelming success and positive feedback I got about it I decided to put a production run into effect. Some time down the line I decided with the Gambit as my first yoyo I would start my own YoYo Company. After a lot of though and time went into logos and names, one stood out. 2sickYoYos was founded in October, 2013 and we have been running strong since.

Our key is to release amazing playing USA made yoyos that function as a toy but also as playable art! A lot of time and energy is spent in designing our yoyos and just as much time is put into the unique and beautiful colorways we decide to make. I want to share my designs and just hope others experience the joy I do when playing them. We always try and interact with our fans and we do this for them!

2sickYoYos is based out of Easton, PA! I have always been a lover of Chess and when coming up with my company I wanted to carry a theme with me…All of our yoyos are named after Chess Pieces and Chess Terms. Combine too things I love…Yoyoing and playing Chess. Two things that require alot of patience and creativity!

We have had two successful yoyos so far, Gambit and Queen. Our next offering the Bishop will be available March 13th.

Enjoy some picture of our designs!

You can keep updated with our releases/info or contact us through our social medias!

Instagram: @2sickyoyos
YoYoExpert Forum: 2sick Joey
Email: Twosickyoyos@yahoo.com

I will be doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit tomorrow for any of our fans or followers that want to ask me any questions about myself/2sickYoYos or are just bored and want to stop buy and ask a couple questions…It will start at 12PM ET and will basically last all day so you can come one when you’re free and ask some questions. I will make sure to be on a couple times throughout the day to answer questions.

Here is the Reddit page where the post will pop up tomorrow :slight_smile: Hope to see you there!

http://www.reddit.com/r/throwers

I must cop that first colorway

^ Unfortunately that will not be a released colorway! Those were sold to close friends of the company but we have plenty of amazing colorways that will be released.

Why even show what we cannot have! WHY??? >:(

How…What…Huh? That first colorway is against the laws of physics! Too beautiful to be made by a human.

I dont get those red bishops withe the chess piece on it? It doesn’t look engraved, but is it?

That’s all ano

Come stop by and ask a question!

Whoah… dude that is seriously awesome. I am sold on that design!

It looks like this has the most organic profile of your releases - it seems like a more rounded off Gambit. Would you agree? If not, what would you relate the shape to?

Also, thanks for doing the Reddit AMA, that was fun :slight_smile:

Yea it has an organic V shape that’s very comfy to hold and also plays well. I’d like to call this a jack f all traded YoYo. Doesn’t exceed at anything but does everything really well. It’s something I think many people will like.

Anyone else super pumped for these to drop today?

Did the drop get pushed, or is it still happening today?

Here’s a Bishop with dimmer light; even without the clear parts looking “white” and the coloured parts looking saturated, it’s still a beauty!

I Hope it doesn’t get pushed. Greg, I’m pretty jealous of that colorway.

1 Like

Release is being pushed back to tomorrow…sorry for any inconvenience. Had some shipping delays

Oh my goodness… A green lover’s dream!

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1339/2SickYoYos-Bishop

Update! We had a countdown glitch! The Bishop will release at 10pm EST now!

Sorry for the confusion and delay!

Most don’t know that we have been working hard on our next design and prototyping the last few months. After many trial and errors I feel it’s about time to give light to everyone left in the darkness.

I would like to introduce to you our 4th model, the Rook. Yes it’s a Bimetal! Designing a bimetal has been a goal of mine since the start of 2sickYoYos and its finally here. The Rook is made from 7075 aluminum and stainless steel. This is a full sized yoyo made to slay competitions. Light weight to allow for fast and nimble play yet the weight placement with the stainless steel rings allow it to spin like a yoyo with more weight. 7075 is more resistant to damage and being a denser alloy allows us to thin out the design and move weight to the rim to maximize spin time.

We are still in prototype stage and while this is near the final production version minor changes to specs and design may still happen. No release date yet but we are hoping for late Spring/ early Summer.

This has been quite the adventure with this design and we hope you tag along on pick up your own rook!

Specs:
Diameter: 55mm
Width: 44mm
Weight: 62.7g
Material: 7075 aluminum and Stainless steel

Would you like to win a Rook prototype? Visit our Facebook, facebook.com/2sickyoyos to find out how.

1 Like

omg that weight! Looks amazing!