Joey's 3D Printed Yo-yo's (Up and Running!)

Thanks I think I’ll try that!

And to the previous comment. I haven’t been too concerned with weight distribution on previous models but my next prototype is designed to do just that. I’ll be printing it tonight and hopefully will have pics up late tonight.

Can’t wait to see this newest proto.

Well I made some decent progress today. I tried a really steep angle today and although it “worked” it didn’t look the greatest and caused wobble. Lesson learned. On the other hand I did make a step towards improving the bearing seat.

On another note I think some of my original attempts were better on certain aspects of the design. I have a few more things to try out, then I’ll be ready to sell in probably a week or so, maybe sooner since my workload next week will be low and I called off work sunday, because my supervisor made me really angry the week before… long story but basically I was forced to work with a fever of 102.7 and a sinus infection for over 5 hours when I kept asking to just go home… anyways… should have more time to spend on this project.

Another cool and fun note, I have some glow in the dark plastic coming in soon, which of course will be an option.

So I need some opinions.

Would you rather me release a yoyo of my own design and produce a ton to be on hand to go ahead and sell of the spot for a pretty decent price? or would you rather me spend my time doing custom jobs for a bit of a higher charge? or both? keep in mind though, if I get too bogged down with custom orders, then I will have to raise the cost.

Another note, at some point, probably not soon since I don’t have SE’s… but i’ll design around side effects to see how that works.

Wow, long update, sorry about that! Enjoy the pictures. This one is has a fair amount of vibe, my second proto had some vibe but no wobble and my first one was actually the best of the three lol

What would be the prices like with custom and batch ? and are the custom différent because of the color or we can ask for modification in the shape ?

not 100 percent sure yet because I’m not sure what bearings and such, but for the batch probably $60ish shipped, for custom, probably around $80ish depending on demand.

and for the custom I mean like working with you to design you own shape and such. color will be an option on both custom and the batch

Here’s proto 4. Pretty pleased with this one. You can pull off thumb grinds, although it has some small vibe which makes the grinds a little rough, it’s not too bad.

I’m printing proto 5 right now with some slight modifications from 4, should perform about the same, but will be cheaper to produce.

proto 4 came to around 60 grams. which I found pretty fun, but then again I like lighter yoyo’s.

Cool, let me know how that works

So proto 5 and 6 were very similar to 4 so I didn’t post pictures. proto 5 was a disaster and failure, but 6, 6 is getting real close. theres a few small modifications to make but it’s getting really close to be able to sell. I don’t think I’ll sell them for $60, i’ll probably shoot for around $45 shipped and give the option to not include the bearing and response to cheapen the price. I will be using flowable silicone for them, though they can take 19 mm pads if you stretch them just a tad, though I find flowable works much better in this yoyo. proto 6 weighs in at 62.7 grams.

if you want to get your hands on any of these prototypes let me know, I’ll sell them for pretty cheap and let you know what all of their issues are.

I am interested on that ! But are you planning to do another option in the 65-69 gram range ? because i am not a fan of floaty yoyo but i guess i can’t say anything until i play it, and for 45 $ there will not be any bummer if i don’t relly like it

oh sure, increasing the weight is really no issue, not a problem at all!

I just ordered all the hardware I need for a small run, once I make the profit from that, i’ll do a bigger run.

For now I’ll just include chinese kk bearings, but I may switch to centertraks in the future.

So with a little work I was able to tune out almost all of the vibe in my last prototype. Basically just took out the parts, flipped them, rotated them, etc until the vibe stopped and now it’s like perfect coming in at 63 grams its a fun full sized throw!

Once I get my hardware in the mail, they will be going up for sale. The yoyo is going to be called The Ripple. For now they will be $45, that price may go up and down depending on a number of items.

Can’t wait to get them out to you guys! I’m probably going to have the sales go through my email at jbritter3@sbcglobal.net until I get my website up and running the way I want it to.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwatId_kTg&feature=youtu.be

looks like it works pretty good! nice job dude!!!

1 Like

when I got it tuned out that well I about flipped out lol very pleased. See that’s the quality I want to put out.

bigcartel or etsy is the way to go!

I applaud your efforts and hard work and am looking forward to the release.

1 Like

they free sites? I tried weebly, but you have to pay for some of the features i’d need.

I know the 1A 3D throw east made turned out extremely light too.
i think it was around 60

that’s pretty cool, definitely a different kind of 3d printer thats for sure. and I can make them heavier if I need to, but my main focus has been vibe, print quality, and tolerances.

and here’s some more cool pictures with glow in the dark…

I’m going to be running my company through a facebook page because it’s the easiest. I have one yoyo on the market right now which is glow in the dark, more will be produced soon.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joeys-3D-Printed-Yo-Yos/610830809038876

Proto 2 is 69 grams? I’d be all over that. I love me some heavy throws. Really cool, Joey. ;D