vsNYYC Ti Walker Holders Thread!

Does anyone know who has #22?

looks like iā€™m getting #55 in the mail soon :slight_smile:

you got that blue/purple one on FB a few days ago? Im not on FB but a friend showed it to me. SUPER sad panda i missed that oneā€¦

yes that was me. sorry, i know you will find one!! :slight_smile: and #55 is in my possession now, will post a pic.

That is one yoyo that I imagine Ill always be on the hunt for. Good find man! Lucky duck got a winner there :smiley:

Congratulations, I think you can say that now you have the most traded ti-walker among all :wink:
Enjoy it.

I have number 88

1 Like

What number did you get @Aragorn?

He has #67. List updated.

Is it, though? :thinking:

3 Likes

I know I asked before, but does anyone know who has number 22? :blush:

1 Like

If it helps with updating the list, you can add me in. Mine is #19.

1 Like

This thread always makes me just a little sad. but its so nice to see them. My one true unicornā€¦

2 Likes

I am a temporary holder of Ti Walker #29 thanks to @LinksLegionaire

9 Likes

image image

10 Likes

0 is mine and 82 is my sons

Only ones still here other than my B Grade thatā€™s been my carry for almost a decade now.

Would trade well for 84

6 Likes

Also, yes the numbers were 0-89

There were 3 B Grades and two splash anodized purple/blue and clear ones.

5 Likes

Glad to see old #19 still on the boards here. Seems I was one of the rare fools who actually got rid of theirā€™sā€¦ I purchased a 2nd hand as well though, so evidently I wasnā€™t the only bozo out there to do it lol. Man Iā€™d sure love to see if that polish I put on the rims and cups and the satin catch zone are all still in place, and how the patina has gotten to look on it after all these years. Thereā€™s just something that truly escapes my attempts to describe the look and feel of polished titanium and how it stands so clearly distinct from any aluminum alloy Iā€™ve ever seenā€¦ Plus the effect that polishing had on the annealed text turned out to be a super cool effect, almost lightening it up to a goldish but purplish kind of glossy sheen that was wholly unique in its own right. I was, however, quite sad that I couldnā€™t rightly replicate the texture of the raw machined finish when I went back to work the satin into the catch zone once the surface was worked to a high sheen.

Ahhh hereā€™s that familiar nostalgic longing setting in. Guess thatā€™s what I get not 10 minutes after popping back on the old YYE forums, after who knows how many years itā€™s beenā€¦ Good to be back, guys! Nice to see yā€™all still holding it down lol

11 Likes

I recognize your username! You wrote one of the YYR guides right? And didnā€™t you have quite an extensive collection of them

3 Likes

The cups are still polished, but I sanded the rest. As for the patina, it simply doesnā€™t exist. I donā€™t think it developed one over time. Or maybe it was polished again by a previous owner. Itā€™s probably as shiny as the last day you had it.

The bad news is, the sanding process gave it a terrible vibe. I shouldnā€™t have tinkered with it, but Iā€™m OCD, and one of the rims had been terribly damaged.

The good news, on the other hand, is that it still plays pretty well. The wonderful yoyodoc managed to improve the situation a great deal, reducing the vibe by a lot. Perhaps, Iā€™ll be able to improve it even more in the future if I manage to figure out what is causing the issue.

If you want to see any pictures of it, let me know. Iā€™ll be happy to send you some.

3 Likes