Argonaut CODE 2 - Releases Tonight 8PM EST!

You have heard of the Code 2 – right?

Quick synopsis:
Yo-Yo players submitted their own yo-yo ideas to One Drop Yo-Yos and the community voting together ended up choosing one person’s design! They worked with the winner and guided them through the prototyping process and came up with the absolutely amazing Code 2.

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/OneDrop-Argonaut-Code-2.png

The winning design was from our very own YoYoExpert forum member and moderator Jason (Jrod / jrodriguez) and since its release it clearly became one of OneDrop’s true flagship models for both competition and all around playability. We contacted Jason more then a year ago about creating a special edition Code 2 and here is the result! The idea was to create something in honor of his creation and who he is. Jason quickly replied with an amazing idea. What better way to honor Jason than with a Jason and the ARGONAUTS theme!?

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/OneDrop-Argonaut-Code2.png

From there with help from the amazing yo-yo player and artist Paul Escolar we breathed life into Jason’s idea and the Argonaut Code 2 is born!

Available in two varieties and each comes with a sticker signed by JRod himself:

• Red/Pink Acid Wash and Purple/Pink Acid Wash. Jason’s own color choices. Features a custom Argonaut Side Effect AND custom Argonaut engraving on the yo-yo itself! See the pictures.
  • Black/Silver Acid Wash and Red/Yellow Acid Wash. These feature just the Argonaut Side Effect but with standard Code 2 engraving on the yo-yo itself.

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Argonaut-Code-2-OneDrop.png

As with all One Drop Yo-Yos the Code 2 is proudly designed and machined right in Oregon USA.

Available TONIGHT 8 PM EST here!

These are stunning!

Can you tell us what was done to the yoyo itself? Besides coloring

The design of the yo-yo itself is the same - two options:

• Red/Pink Acid Wash and Purple/Pink Acid Wash. $135. Jason’s own color choices. Features a custom Argonaut Side Effect AND custom Argonaut engraving on the yo-yo itself! See the pictures.
  • Black/Silver Acid Wash and Red/Yellow Acid Wash. $125. These feature just the Argonaut Side Effect but with standard Code 2 engraving on the yo-yo itself.

Oh so the only difference is the side effects. Gotcha.

ooh i think i want to pick one of these up just cause i think my Latin teacher will like the artwork on it ;D that and like the coloring on it especially with the one on the purple on it looks amazing. now i want one. maybe Christmas?

Siiiiiiiiiiiiick. That pink and purple is absolutely killing it. I like my Code 2 with spikes, but you can’t really argue with how bad___ those discs look.

i know i want this instead for Christmas instead of all thew other yoyos i want cause this looks amazing i absolutely love the roman style artwork on the side effects!

Oh hi.

Paul Escolar did a phenomenal job on the artwork. The colorways and engravings look really stellar in person!

1 Like

This is so cool.

However, I’ll probably just wait for some of those side effects to go up on the BST :wink:

Can you get just the side effects?

Killer work brother! The collab is great love all the amazing hands that had part in this project!

I had no idea that you were the person who helped design the Code 2! That’s awesome!

Was just about to ask this… I love the colorway but I love the SEs way more

Picked up a purple and pink one after swearing the Bapezilla 2 and Yelets were going to be my last purchase this year.

I want this Yoyo soooo bad but I really don’t have the cash! I love the look of it’s shape and color plus the artwork I have a feeling this Yoyo was made for me!

I can’t believe I’ve never owned a Code 2. I’m a huge history nerd and these yoyos are definitely trying to push my dorky impulse buy button…but I’m not sure they can beat the AL 7 Quake.

In addition to being a history nerd I’m also enough of an art history nerd to look at the side caps and think to myself “I’ve heard of red-figure and black-figure pottery, but never white-figure”.

I bought it because I’m a fan of Ray Harryhausen and the color is sick.

Me toooooooo!!! I LOVE everything roman art!
I want one so bad…grrrrrrr my bank account and I HATE you YYE!