Photos of Yoyos

I took these some time back. I want to let you all know that I used artificial light(s). Eat your hearts out, purists.

2 Likes

Pretty cool pics. What edition Genesis is that in the first pic?

edit
Nevermind, looks like Reiki Sekiya? Never heard of that person but the Genesis sure looks awesome.

i love the silhouette and the others are really nice also! nice skill and great use of your tools!

Thanks guys, I’m in the process of making a new light tent so I can be as consistent as possible.

What are “artificial lights”? You mean vs. being outdoors? I’m totally down with studio lighting.

Nice Job on the pics

I use a mix of Alienbees monolights with softboxes and hotshoe flashes triggered wirelessly. I always debate selling the bees and buying stronger Elinchrom monolights, but I’d have to put quite a bit into an entirely new kit and accessories. It’s been a long time since I’ve made money with photography so it’s not as realistic of an idea as it used to be.

1 Like

Great job on those pics

One of my biggest yoyo regrets is trading away my Reiki Genesis. Truly one of the best looking yoyos ever made.

Yeah, I can’t believe this is my first time seeing it. YYF used to have a lot of different great splashes and colorways. The past few years I feel like they’ve been cranking out progressively uglier looking throws but there are still some fantastic ones once in a while (Galaxy Proton, Ain’t Nothin’ H.O.T. come to mind). I suppose it’s their splashes that I hate these days, the acid washes are still solid.

Cool yoyos

Nice yoyo pics! And fountain pen!