The Fixed Axle Megathread of Awesomeness

So I’m a little new to fixed axle play but i like it a lot, I was trying to choose between a TMBR Irving or the Pro version or a Hildy Brothers’ Currier. What do you guys think would be the best choice and why?

For Whom it may concern, I got the Irving.
ccbstickman-1 Community-0

Haha! Not many of us would even be able to recommend one over the other. Glad you picked one, though!

Yooldman, that’s some good stuff!

Ed, amazing!

I didn’t know if it mattered lol. What string do you guys use for fixies?

Cotton all the way. Especially for wood-axled fixies. (metal-axled Butterfly yoyos and such don’t have to be cotton, but for wood it’s a must!)

I’m using YYE type-10 that’s only available in 100 packs.

Awesome, I just wanted to be sure! Happy Throwing!!!

awesome u rock DUNCAN BUTTERFLIES O YEAH!!!

You can also use slick 8

version 3.0 - yep. 5 minutes. evidently i yo-yo a lot seeing as this is just from the last couple months. i feel like some of it is pretty rad though. a few werrds in there, but everything else is fixed axle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJBb-g1SY-E[

Just popped out a video that is 75% Onedrop Valor, but there’s also a couple combos on a Duncan Butterfly and Imperial, as well as my TMBR Turner. Minimal tearing.

Rejection to green triangle and rejection to fake GT.

1 Like

So I posted photos of my newest fixed axle series on the OUT facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/voodama.doll) and I had a follower message me asking if it would be possible to  achieve a finger spin on them since there is a little hub space; I jokingly said that after seeing what Ed Haponik can do with a fixed axle, I wouldn’t rule anything out.
So, what do you guys think? I’m sure alot of you have attempted horizontal play on a fixed axle, but what was your success of performing anything worthy of calling a trick? I’d love to see some vids of horizontal fixie tricks  :smiley:

lol. i’ve done a lot of sideways/horizontal/off-plane stuff (mainly just ufo recapture stuff), but nothing i can think of using the hubs. mainly i guess because no fixed axle i’ve ever used has had recessed hubs… closest i’ve come to something like that would be the coin flip trick at 2:20 here.

2 Likes

Necro! I’m excited to finally have something to share here.  :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jrod, that was amazing! So damn good. I’m terrified to see what your fixie game will be like after a year!!

This thread has a lot of good videos.
By the way, does anyone know if there will be a Fixed Axle February 2015?

how have i not seen this thread before !!?!

This is awesome! I learned to do it today. It is really fun to do a kwijibo then finish with the GT.

1 Like

No posts since 2015? Tsk! Y’all can do better than that!

3 Likes