What trick are you working on?

Hipster Whips

2 Likes

Working on perfecting boingy boing and suicide.

4 Likes

Still Trapeze Follow; added finger grind bind (can do it; just trying to figure out the secret to consistency) and I Be A Minute GT.

2 Likes

Been working on smooth combos lately. But, today, I’ve started learning Superman. I never used to watch trick videos but I feel doing so will progress me further and keep me enthralled.

1 Like

Multifarious Whip and Croatoan.

1 Like

I am working on this:

Having a rough time getting the underpass into the 2 strings ( at about 0:52  ish ) without the yoyo or the “loop” around the string sliding.

:-\

1 Like

The second to last hop on Red Clover , I never land. Any suggestions?

1 Like

No suggestions, but you could do what I did… grabbed the first half up to the Red Clover pop from the trick (which is used elsewhere), completed the trick a few times so I could say I did it, and then promptly abandoned it. :wink: I didn’t like doing the trick well enough to stick it out. Too many tricks in the world for me to spend much more time on it. I do enjoy seeing it executed, but other than some elements from the first half, it didn’t do much for me.

TL;DR: don’t worry about it unless you love that trick. It’s “OK” to move on if you want to.

2 Likes

Matrix. I can do it, just not smoothly. Or consistently.

Also working on smoothing up my zipper. Ah yeah…

3 Likes

I’ve landed it 3 times but with multiple misses in between. Just wanted tip on making it consistent. I may skip it. Now I’m working on a slack wrist bind I may have created.

1 Like

White Buddha.

2 Likes

I’ve been committed, starting this week, to learning something new every day. So far, I have been successful. Today I am working on Ninja Hurdles. It’s not too difficult so I should have it in a little while, depending on if this cute girl at my apartment complex keeps distracting me…

2 Likes

Now that I’ve mastered my over-under boingy-boing
On to contrusion
Oh goodie

1 Like

Boingy Boing and Bind from Trapeze.

2 Likes

Wait… Boingy boing and trapeze? Boingy going is so hard…

1 Like

Boingy is one of the first tricks I learned after discovering modern yoyo. Not saying it was easy, but it comes more quickly to some people than others.

Pretty sure I learned Boingy-boing before a proper sidestyle backspin bind.

1 Like

Crossed arm GT

1 Like

Wow, I find boingy boing very hard, I can only do like 3 boings =D haha

1 Like

I can get in and out of the mount very easily but I’m struggling to figure out the up/down motion and I tend to fall out of the string very often. My initial goal when starting was to learn Boingy Boing as it REALLY impressed me as a yuggle (not even two months ago.)

1 Like

REALLY impressed me as well, which is probably why I learned it early on. :smiley:

The up-down motion is funny… it doesn’t seem to make sense at first, but if you just abandon the need for it to make sense and just “do it”, you will get lucky with a few boings sometimes. And that “sometimes” is what’s needed for the “aha!” moment… after the “aha!” moment, it becomes easier to move BACK to the “making sense” mode so that you can learn the trick for real.

I also personally find that I needed to get right into the boings with full confidence and momentum out of the split-bottom mount. Some people tell me they’ve learned it fine by getting into position and THEN starting the boing. Give the “momentum” method a try… it’s all a part of going “I don’t know what I’m doing, but I’mma go for it!” and getting lucky enough times for it to start clicking.

2 Likes