What trick are you working on?

I gotta perfect Rancid Milk, and I almost got White Buddha. That is all I am really working on currently.

2 Likes

Hipster Whips

2 Likes

Working on perfecting boingy boing and suicide.

4 Likes

Still Trapeze Follow; added finger grind bind (can do it; just trying to figure out the secret to consistency) and I Be A Minute GT.

2 Likes

Been working on smooth combos lately. But, today, I’ve started learning Superman. I never used to watch trick videos but I feel doing so will progress me further and keep me enthralled.

1 Like

Multifarious Whip and Croatoan.

1 Like

I am working on this:

Having a rough time getting the underpass into the 2 strings ( at about 0:52  ish ) without the yoyo or the “loop” around the string sliding.

:-\

1 Like

The second to last hop on Red Clover , I never land. Any suggestions?

1 Like

No suggestions, but you could do what I did… grabbed the first half up to the Red Clover pop from the trick (which is used elsewhere), completed the trick a few times so I could say I did it, and then promptly abandoned it. :wink: I didn’t like doing the trick well enough to stick it out. Too many tricks in the world for me to spend much more time on it. I do enjoy seeing it executed, but other than some elements from the first half, it didn’t do much for me.

TL;DR: don’t worry about it unless you love that trick. It’s “OK” to move on if you want to.

2 Likes

Matrix. I can do it, just not smoothly. Or consistently.

Also working on smoothing up my zipper. Ah yeah…

3 Likes

I’ve landed it 3 times but with multiple misses in between. Just wanted tip on making it consistent. I may skip it. Now I’m working on a slack wrist bind I may have created.

1 Like

White Buddha.

2 Likes

I’ve been committed, starting this week, to learning something new every day. So far, I have been successful. Today I am working on Ninja Hurdles. It’s not too difficult so I should have it in a little while, depending on if this cute girl at my apartment complex keeps distracting me…

2 Likes

Now that I’ve mastered my over-under boingy-boing
On to contrusion
Oh goodie

1 Like

Boingy Boing and Bind from Trapeze.

2 Likes

Wait… Boingy boing and trapeze? Boingy going is so hard…

1 Like

Boingy is one of the first tricks I learned after discovering modern yoyo. Not saying it was easy, but it comes more quickly to some people than others.

Pretty sure I learned Boingy-boing before a proper sidestyle backspin bind.

1 Like

Crossed arm GT

1 Like

Wow, I find boingy boing very hard, I can only do like 3 boings =D haha

1 Like

I can get in and out of the mount very easily but I’m struggling to figure out the up/down motion and I tend to fall out of the string very often. My initial goal when starting was to learn Boingy Boing as it REALLY impressed me as a yuggle (not even two months ago.)

1 Like