What trick are you working on?

Is it as crazy hard as it looks?

It took me a solid evening to get it. Ive hit it and bound out about 5 times. Getting to the first toss set up is failry easy, the first slack toss I hit 80% of the time, but Im still learning the finesse of the second toss. Its not crazy, but its not the easiest either. :slight_smile: Perfect for where Im at on the path. Heck it took me a week to get Rancid Milk down and I still flub it up from time to time. :slight_smile: So i would say its easier that Rancid Milk? (maybe? Difficulty is so subjective.

Try it tho! Its worth the effort, looks and feels GREAT

1 Like

I havn’t hit it yet, but it’s really interesting. Thanks for posting it!

Not tooooo hard, but lots of knots!

Just keep a safty pin in your mouth while plracting that trick. Youll need it in a second. lol! Ive gotten alot better now and can hit it 4 outta 10 times give or take. The second toss I found the secret is to not try to follow the first toss’ path. While the first toss passes around the string left to right, the second toss is more diagonally upwards like direct from 7 oclock to 1 oclock path. Also right before the second toss, there is a pinching roll and deft transition from the string going over your throw hands’ index to make a swap to you middle finger THEN toss.

I bet that doesnt make sense, but i tried. LOL

1 Like

Hook…

Got really frustrated when I tried to learn this early on.

Went back to it 9ish months later and managed to get pretty decent at it.

I got it! I got it!
I was flipping the wrong flipping string in the first toss.
Now that that is worked out, it’s a lot easier.

YES!!! im so happy for you! I love this trick. Glad you made the trek as well. What a trip eh? ;D
I have it down 9 outta 10 times now. Love the feeling of it.

1 Like

Magic drop and shockwave >:(

Having trouble with slack trapeze and iron whip. Can’t hit them at all. Any tricks or tips ? I know the string tension has to be loose and perfect but other than that ? So difficult for me.

Kamikaze 2

Twist Shock GT by Jerri Lucas

This thread needs to come back :slight_smile:

Working on suicides from trapeze and 1.5 mount.

Out of the standard repertoire of classic trick elements (e.g., hook, rejection, whip, slack, hops, boings, magic drop, and so on…) I always neglected suicides, so that’s what I’ve been working on lately. Determined to get these consistent and the most I’ve gotten is 3 suicides in a row, which was pretty satisfying but far from the consistency I want.

Before that, I worked a lot on finger spins and got those consistent.

How about you?

FYI - you can practice gt suicides with a red triangle.

I’m working on Enigma. It’s a beast.
Well, for me anyway.

Thanks, good tip on red triangle suicides !

And Enigma is a beast for sure. Such a great trick

Yeah, it’s cool.

There’s just one spot at the end that’s killing me!

Is it the last hop? For me it’s the most difficult part of Enigma - so hard catch the yoyo on the correct string to finish the trick.

That one is tricky, but it’s the one before that where you have to stick your thumb in the formation in a weird spot.

I FINALLY figured out what to do, now I just have to do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m finally getting the final hop of Engima consistent. What is working is keeping the string coming from the TH tucked under all the fingers (ugh, how do I explain that in words?) and this spreads the strings out and sets up the hop to land on the right string consistently.

1 Like

I have several I’ve made up, that I just can’t seem to ever get all the way though consistently, or at all. By that I mean, I can do all the elements with varying degrees of consistency, but rarely make it all the way through the entire trick.

I’m sure there are many on this forum who wouldn’t even find them very difficult, but I just seem to go month after month with little improvement. It blows my mind how some people can post up trick after trick!

I just want to get these recorded and posted, and I’m trying to stay focused and positive… Maybe I need to force myself to concentrate on one at a time, until I can’t get each one documented.

edit: Apparently, all i needed to do was whine about it. Suddenly, I’m getting close on a few!