Square Kendama project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW8NY4sKPU&feature=youtu.be
Just a short demo I threw together of the first ever square kendama. :wink:
Stay tuned for an update on the project soon

Edit:
After many hours with a coping saw, elmerā€™s glue, a circular saw, clamps, an angle grinder, and a drill, itā€™s ready.

Next to my steeze kendama

big cup

side view

little cup

tower

tama

spiked

tested it, and it works! itā€™s a little harder to use than a traditional kendama, but itā€™s still great fun, and even more rewarding when you land something. The cutouts in the cups actually work decently well, but I thought of a better way to try to do them if I make more of these. This took several full days to make though, because I had to let the glue dry fully for each step, which was rather time consuming. I would like to make it a bit smaller (The first one I made was before I had ever actually seen a kendama in person, and since I already had those dimensions, I just used them again)

Dude, that was boss.

Daaaang, canā€™t believe my idea is already coming to life!

Thatā€™s America kid!

Sorry, but Iā€™m older than you.

Just a pet peeve I have (When people younger than me call me ā€œkidā€ or ā€œbudā€ or some other form of a word that implies that I am younger than them)

Soā€¦ it turns out making this out of super lower quality wood that splits far too easy isnā€™t possible. I tried using what I had in my back yard already (which was a square bedpost from a crappy ikea bed) and it didnā€™t work out well. Iā€™ll try again with higher quality stuff over the weekend.

It was just a joke.

Chill, its just for fun. No need to be so serious.

Updated ;D
I recorded a small demo of this as well, but itā€™s largely the same as the first, so not sure if Iā€™m gonna take the time to edit it and post it.