Introducing the One Drop Yelets

Yelets

We set out to create a Side Effect yoyo that was pocket friendly and budget friendly without sacrificing performance. The result is the Yelets.

The Yelets blends the modern aspects of Side Effects with the classic attributes of affordability, performance, and simplicity continuing the tradition established by the Project, M1, and CafeRacer. We want to take the lead in bringing back smaller yoyos and we felt that 52mm was the perfect diameter. It is bigger than what is traditionally thought of as “undersized” (for example, the M1 is 50mm) to retain the performance of a big yoyo but small enough to give you confidence with chop sticks or tight tech tricks.

Once we had the specs perfect, we came up with a crazy idea for the name. We decided to map the diameter and width to latitude and longitude by plugging the numbers into Google Maps to see where it would end up. The result was a small city in Russia called Yelets.

The suggested retail price is going to be $85 for solid colors making this the first Side Effect yoyo to cost less than a hundred dollars.

Specs:
Base Weight (two halves, response pad, bearing): 61.5 grams
Weight with aluminum Ultra Light Side Effects: 64 grams
Width/Longitude: 38.4997mm
Diameter/Latitude: 52.6147mm
Stock Response: Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.34mm
Bearing Size: Large © stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Finish: Pyramatte ™

1 Like

Nice!

I want it.

pink annodize/soda blast please :slight_smile: just like the first Projects had

Looks GREAT David!!! Is there an IRG on there? Hard to tell in the pic?

I am enjoying the solid black without engraving. Profile looks nice but a clearer shot would be nice. Any clue what SE might be stock?

I know what I’m saving up for.

But wasn’t the Dietz under 100 bucks and had side effects?

yeah it was $95 i believe

2 Likes

I love the shape ;D I want one.

Want do bad. When should we be expecting these to drop?

Great gap shot… Is that another One Drop proto in the back??? They are known for this… Droping all kinds of goodness at the same time…

Pretty, but weren’t the older Dietz’s $90?

I’m a fan.

Thanks for the quick response Mr. Dang.

Yep it has a small IRG.

Our bad! Forgot about that. The Dietz was in fact $95. The Yelets definitely takes the price to a new level. :slight_smile:

I think that’s a Nickel Burnside

Ultralites are the stock SE in this bad boy